Did Shields get Fitched or did Jon Out-Jake Him?

mkt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Either way, I'm glad to see Fitch win. These two went 1-1 in submission grappling years ago, so this was a bit of rubber match. Happy retirement, Fitch.

Fitch is hanging them up?
He hinted at it, but was noncommital--saying it was pending on his medical issues.

I waited ten years for Fitch-Shields because I knew it would be the most boring fight of all time. Was not disappointed.

Did the fight have at least any memorable moments?

I was actually pretty curious how this fight would go. I really expected Shields to out hump Fitch but apparently Fitch one a UD? Damn this card being on in the afternoon, I totally missed it.

Did Fitch out grapple him or just barely out point him on the feet?

I was actually pretty curious how this fight would go. I really expected Shields to out hump Fitch but apparently Fitch one a UD? Damn this card being on in the afternoon, I totally missed it.

Did Fitch out grapple him or just barely out point him on the feet?

Out humped him according to the pbp. Somewhat surprising.

I mean...c'mon...it WAS a grappling match, but it really, IMO, wasn't a bad fight to watch. Of course, I AM a Fitch fan...but still, I really didn't think it was bad.

Anybody seen these two spar bitd at AKA, could be expected this outcome or Jake winning in similar fashion.

not really, the cliche is there for a reason. Sleepy fight

I actually think Fitch's got a bad rep and he's mostly boring when fighting outmatched fighters. Him vs Alves and BJ were awesome.

So Jake got Fitched, Fitch got Maia'd and Maia was Jaked...

I hope Abubakar Nurmagomedov fights Jon Fitch next.

Okami vs Fitch 2? No thank you. Nurmagomedov is a guy the WSOF seems interested in pushing and I'm all for it.

Fitch will get Nurmagomedov'd

That's the only guy who Shields needed to have a strong resume over the top WW
Fight was boring as hell, but yeah, we was expecting that anyways

I'm in the UK so we didn't get the fight on TV. If anyone has a link, please let me know. I can't find one.

Fitch hasn't won by anything other than decision in nearly 10 years and 14 fights. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Fitch hasn't won by anything other than decision in nearly 10 years and 14 fights. Just let that sink in for a minute.

That's a crazy record to carry at the upper level of the sport.

Back