Did ronda stay with Edmond because he's like a father figure?

She probably figures he helped her win other fights and the loss was her fault.

I guess she blames herself for the loss more than Edmond.

Personally I think it would have been a great idea to dump him as a coach, because it's not just her technique which is off because of his coaching, it's more than that. It's his instructions, his ability to adapt a gameplan, the whole 10 yards - he is lacking it all.

I think what is giving her hope is the fact that she was winning under his tutelage before, but I think that factor is misleading. The only person she even beat in a boxing match was Bethe, and that isn't saying much. Ronda would be wise to let him go as a boxing coach, but unfortunately I think she'll quit after this upcoming loss.

LOL at all of these insiders. As if anyone of you know what that camp is like. Never even driven by place but you are all experts.

He kisses her ass and she feeds off that shit because she's an idiot.

She has only one loss training under him. I don't think he is doing that bad.

I see what you did there. <[analyzed}>

Also in other words 100% of Ronda's professional losses come from training with Edmond.

everybody has daddy issues

He's only six years older and considerably less successful/powerful than her. It would be a really weird choice of a father figure, even by Rousey's standards for choosing her entourage.

Remember that when Ronda started training, women's MMA wasn't super-viable as a career path, and there weren't a lot of options for her. Like someone mentioned earlier, she had to basically beg Edmond to start training her, because he is stupid.

It's not like she had the money to up and move to ABQ or Coconut Creek when she first decided to start MMA, so she went to Glendale. Then she was dominating everyone, so the thinking is probably if it isn't broke, don't fix it, even though there were a lot of obvious holes in her striking technique. By the time she had the loss, she'd grown to trust Edmond and had spent a lot of time with him -- not easy to admit to yourself that your head coach and close friend throughout all of your success has been holding you back.

LOL at all of these insiders. As if anyone of you know what that camp is like. Never even driven by place but you are all experts.

I wrestled in high school in Southern California and went to S.K. Golden boys' wrestling practice several times in north Hollywood and even rolled with her a bit so no, I'm not completely clueless about her training

Next, on today's episode of "Sherdog Armchair Psychologist"...

Obviously it's speculation. Just saying there has to be some reason she is a high level fighter with such a bad coach

Who knows. Usually I find it dishonorable how some fighters abandon those who brought them to greatness, but it's so painfully obvious that Edmund can't deliver the goods on the big stage.

Travis Browne has gone from being the boogey man of the HW division to a stepping stone since joining Edmund.

It's obvious that Ronda has esteem issues. Easy pickings for a savvy and shady Armenian doggy bro. If Edmond hadn't lucked into training her, I swear he'd be working at one of the many used car/auto body dealers on brand blvd. In glendale.

could have something to do with him having been present when Ronda won Strikeforce title 2x and UFC title 6x with just 1 recent loss over the course of entire career. just my guess.

Back