Did ronda stay with Edmond because he's like a father figure?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by tjry, Dec 30, 2016.

1. tjry

tjry Orange Belt

We all know ronda hasn't had a father figure for most of her life. She has also stayed with Edmond following her loss to Holly who is one of the worst cornermen/coaches ever.

Could her reluctance to leave edmond be due to him being like a father she never had?

Discuss.

2. Willek

Willek Gold Belt

Edmond has that Armenian machismo and a big 'ole dick probably.

3. Taznia

Taznia Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Fling on a string

Grill master likes this.
  4. Elmonstro1

Elmonstro1 Bones Nose

Edmond is a figure head, if ronda loses shes got an excuse she never trained in a proper camp. If she wins its amazing because she did it with out a proper camp. Win Win situation for her.

Squish II likes this.
  5. croshad

croshad Orange Belt

The creepy, inappropriate, delusional father figure we all look for inn our lives.

6. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington
  7. 180bysummer

180bysummer Brown Belt

The father figure that secretly wanted to eat her ass before Hapa came into the picture..

8. Big Tuppy Hole

Big Tuppy Hole Gold Belt

Maybe she has loyalty, may e its a moral thing for her

HueyLewisFan24 likes this.
  9. Mr Wings

Mr Wings Black Belt

You could be right TS. She's emotionally fragile, and one way or another, Edmond has her sold on him hook, line and sinker.

tjry and eon001 like this.
  10. jimbo2779

jimbo2779 Blue Belt

She isn't with him for his looks or his quality of training / cornering.

11. NRG

NRG Banned Banned

She has only one loss training under him. I don't think he is doing that bad.

12. Luger

Luger Rabbi of Platinum Nation Banned

The father figure that gets regular visits from child protective services

13. ortizgnp

ortizgnp Original Vince Belt

She had a father. He passed away 1995. Ronda is born 87.

Stay classy, Sherdog.

Jonathan289 likes this.
  14. HueyLewisFan24

HueyLewisFan24 Blue Belt

It's this. My guess is it's less Edmund's fault and more of an incredibly demanding schedule that lead to the loss of Holly. Problem now is that her psyche could be permanently damaged so we'll never know.

15. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

Nah she has basically explained it.He ignored her when she first came to his gym and didnt give her the time of day.She is basically seeking his approval because she is nuts

16. JudoThrowFiasco

JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark Platinum Member

looks like the type of dude who keeps Ronda's sister chained to a bed somewhere Yerevan in order to get Ronda to succumb to his will.

17. eon001

eon001 Black Belt

I would love to hear the opinion of a psychologist or someone like Robin Black, because I think there's some truth to this.

Father figure/Cult leader. Whats really odd is she damn near begged to train with him and he rejected her many times until he found out how popular she was becoming.

How does someone as proud as Ronda let another man treat her like shit, then come running to him at the drop of a hat. That really is like some mind control, peer pressure bull shit.

18. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt

Some Need to Keep some things Private...so sometimes we need to keep SomeOne closer than others. Dump Edmund and???
    Who Knows what private shit becomes public........... HE is not known as a standup dude..

De Mars holds more credibility than the average mom, of course, considering she’s a former world champion in Judo and presumably understands what makes a great MMA coach and what doesn’t.

"The difference between me and these other fighters’ moms is that I actually was a world champion," De Mars told Submission Radio. "So when someone is talking about coaching I know if it’s bulls— and this guy is a complete fraud. It didn’t surprise me for a second. I don’t claim to know everything but I know what it takes to win a world championship."

Among other things, De Mars say she hopes Tarverdyan "loses his license or goes to jail, because either of those is a possibility."

On a visit with Submission Radio, De Mars went off on Tarverdyan and said she wasn’t surprised at all that Rousey got knocked out by Holly Holm. She actually predicted it.

"I predicted it in advance," De Mars said of the Holm knockout. "Ronda trained with an idiot. She trained with an idiot and a fraud

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/3/9662800/ronda-rousey-coach-edmond-tarverdyan-bankrupt-ufc-news

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr/eight-defendants-plead-guilty-armenian-power-rico-case

JUST SAYING..WHERE THERE IS SMOKE OFTEN THERE IS FIRE... Especially if Organized..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  19. StoneWT

StoneWT Purple Belt

She is tired of the 24/7 training and criticism her Mom use to beat judo into her over the years. She is too weak to pick a coach that will truly train her to learn something new and tell her when she stinks at something.

Also what y'all are saying about Edmundo's Charles Manson thing. She isn't comfortable with herself so she chose a gym that wasn't comfortable with her at first. If you hate yourself, you can't accept being loved.

20. OlderMan

OlderMan Purple Belt