Did Poirier just earn a Title shot?!?

Is Poirier the next LW contender?

• Total voters
Overcame a FURIOUS leg attack from Gaethje there.

Who gets the next crack at the LW strap?!?

I don't see it happening. Not that i'd say he doesn't deserve it. He probably does given that tonys out and eddie apparently is on the last fight of his contract. I just can't imagine it. Khabib wants to fight near the end of the year and I just see the Conor vs Khabib fight somehow coming to fruition. There's too much interest and money on the table. Even if some people are correct that Conor knows he's gonna lose to Khabib he basically showed up to do an expensive job to Floyd so...eh..money talks. I don't see his punishment being severe.

Who was winning the fight up until the Poirier finish?

Not yet I think he needs another top 5 win or so. It's still Furguson's turn next.

Tony might not be back until the end of the year

Conor has legal shit to deal with and may not even want to cone back

Eddie has 1 win since losing the title.

Lee just lost and even if he beats Edson he'll only have 2 top 10 wins

Dustin is the only logical option

Disagree on Lee, he looked good against Ferguson until he gassed with Staph. I think if he beats Barboza, him and Dustin should fight as next challenger.

Disagree on Lee, he looked good against Ferguson until he gassed with Staph. I think if he beats Barboza, him and Dustin should fight as next challenger.
I won't fault you for that opinion but imo Lee never earned the first shot. If he gets one then I won't complain. I think Khabib beats him pretty soundly. Still, I think Dustin deserves it more.

Yes, but only because Conor and Tony are out of the mix and Eddie has just been sitting on his butt.

Talking about deserving, he deserved it tonight. Give him the next title shot

No. Guy got recently KO'd in a talent rich division.

Khabib isn't fighting until Sept or November, Mcgregor or Tony will be ready by then, if neither guy is ready then sure throw in Porier.

Khabib's fighting on the MSG card in November. If Conor nor Tony can make it, they're not wasting that headliner on Dustin or Eddie. Max or Ortega will get it.

No he didn't. With the current picture at LW, I think he is still 2-3 fights away.

I really think a rematch vs Eddie Alvarez should be booked. If he manages to win that fight, I think a fight with Ferguson when he heals up should earn him a well deserved title shot.

Wme wise...
With all that has turned out Right now.

Khabib is the better Connie.

Connie gets a visa it's on.

If not...

Hello Dustin Shreveport whatever.

Yeah. Fuck it. Why not.

End of the day, dude went to war and triumphed, then used his moment to asked for the very best guy in the world.

No tweetbooking or facetagrams. No dollie throwing. Just making his intentions known in no uncertain terms.

Give that man his fight.

Back