Did Paulie become all buddybuddy with Artem in the end to prevent Artem from talking shit?

Serenity Now

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of the things that kind of pissed me off was how Paulie got all buddy buddy with Artem....I feel he only did it so Artem wouldn't talk shit, which he didn't...Artem was pretty respectful.

Hate people who talk a shitload of shit...then in the end try to be friends...Fuck that shit.

If Paulie had KO'd/destroyed Artem...I feel he would've talked a lot of shit...a lot of it.

What your sherbros think? Did Paulie only congratulate Artem so he will take it easy on em?

The whole storyline was fascinating. Paulie actually wanted to technically outbox in a scrappy mma fight. He wanted to fight like a midcarder and defend his sport's legacy.

May be because they’re both more mature than people want to think of them to entertain their childish notion?

He offered his head to Artem to spit on

May be because they’re both more mature than people want to think of them to entertain their childish notion?
Nah brah...If he had KO'd/Destroyed Artem....I feel he would've talked shit and try to set up a fight with Conor.

but since the fight was pretty close, and he lost...Now he doesn't talk shit because it looks dumb as shit, considering the fight was even, and he also didn't talk shit to prevent Artem from going full troll mode(artem gave em mercy).

Reminds me of Nick vs GSP

Sold as a war....ends up being an average ho hum fight and afterwards they act like none of the build-up happened

Everyone after was like

JdAPrv9.png

Paulie was such a disappointment, he just jabbed and ran. He should be thankful Artem is a great guy.

One of the things that kind of pissed me off was how Paulie got all buddy buddy with Artem....I feel he only did it so Artem wouldn't talk shit, which he didn't...Artem was pretty respectful.

Hate people who talk a shitload of shit...then in the end try to be friends...Fuck that shit.

If Paulie had KO'd/destroyed Artem...I feel he would've talked a lot of shit...a lot of it.

What your sherbros think? Did Paulie only congratulate Artem so he will take it easy on em?

The only thing I disagree on is your last point. I think Paulie would have still been pretty respectful after the fight if he won. At that point there is really nothing else too say.

The way it actually went down would be the most likely scenario to make Paulie want to keep talking shit: a controversial decision loss that he disagrees with. Who knows though, I don’t know the man.

Paulie was such a disappointment, he just jabbed and ran. He should be thankful Artem is a great guy.

Artem could have let the hammers fly, but he took mercy on that poor decrepit bum.

Paulie knows how to hype a fight as good as anyone else. He also mentioned recently that he was going for a fight with McGregor, saying if he beat Artem, McGregor would want to fight him. So Paulie had to make this as high profile as possible. It was good for Paulie and it was good for Artem that they got this much hype for bare knuckles.

"We made a lot of money together"
070116ortizshamrock.jpg

Yes. He realised he’s lost all credibility and didn’t want whatever was left of his manhood to be stripped by Goatbov. Lord Artem was kind enough to let him off.

3 of the the first 10 threads are about Paulie. In the heavies. I cant rely on anything anymore.

After a fight you gain respect for one another

Paulie had to do something to try to not look like a fucking idiot after that fight. Paulie talked tons of shit and despite being cordial he still said the judges in Florida are fucking stupid and he knew he was better than this. Either way he took the loss but he wasn't classy about it despite being friendly to Lord Artem.

Paulie thought he would school Artem. But they went 2-3 or 3-2 either way. Artem gained his respect.

TS has never trained any combat sports, that's why he doesn't understand that.

Paulie won every round till he broke his hand btw.

NINTCHDBPICT000500485287.jpg

It was all fake shit to make money.

And you will fall for it again next time..

That whole "sportsmanship " is nice on paper, but i like it a whole shit load better when the grudge goes on cuz thats when ya know its real.

Was it jamie varner that pushed cowboy in their wec match? It just ended and jamie was like fuuuuuck you.

Or how about ken n tito? I hated that 2nd fight, but once the 3rd fight came around, i too was tired of it. Always believed ken sucked.

Hats off to khabib for keeping that fire real.

Back