Did Paige VanZant fake going to sleep to avoid tapping?

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
All the fighters I seen choked out like that drop limp when let go. (Holly Holm/Tate)

Fighters that suddenly have no power in their hands to pry the persons grip off them dont wake up as soon as they are released like Paige did. UNLESS she wasnt out to begin with.

My conclusion: PVZ felt herself going out, knew she wasnt going to get out of that RNC, wanted to lose at least like a warrior so she faked going to sleep. Good work Paige but YOU cant fool the VIPER DUDE

I've heard of the fake tap, but not the fake nap. If we go by the old saying "the hardest to wake is someone pretending to sleep", then Paige doesn't fit the bill.

she was in a tight ass choke for a while.. doubt it was fake

All the fighters I seen choked out like that drop limp when let go. (Holly Holm/Tate)

Fighters that suddenly have no power in their hands to pry the persons grip off them dont wake up as soon as they are released like Paige did. UNLESS she wasnt out to begin with.

My conclusion: PVZ felt herself going out, knew she wasnt going to get out of that RNC, wanted to lose at least like a warrior so she faked going to sleep. Good work Paige but YOU cant fool the VIPER DUDE

Can't fool the VIPER DUDE, especially not after 1525 threads have been made about the same exact thing.

Possible

Not watched it so can't say
But she seems like the kind

Yeah, it was a little strange after it ended. She just sat up, but maybe she just woke up and tried to understand what just happened.

I'm not a huge fan of Paige, but I respect her for fighting. This whole 'bullying' thing makes me laugh. She's a petite white girl with good looks.

My friends and I thought so too. She moves as soon as humanly possible as soon as the choke is pulled off. She faked it.

It's better on her part and any other fighters part to say that they never tapped.

I've gone limp like that before in Bjj, it was like I still had my vision and hearing and thought I was awake, but apparently I wasn't moving anything even though I thought I was still fighting the choke. He let go and it was probably 2 sec or less til it all came rushing back

Watterson's choke wasn't super tight. 5-10 sec max is all it takes for night night, and it went on longer than that. She probably didn't have bloodflow fully blocked off, but just limited and the trickling effect resulted in a more brown out than black out

I initially thought that too, but so what if she did? Waterson would've won whether PVZ tapped, went to sleep or faked going to sleep, so ultimately it really doesn't matter right?

I thought about the exact same thing for the same reasons.
It was weird she opened her eyes immediately and sat up on her own. I've been choked out a couple of times and it takes a moment to wake up, let alone get your wits back and sit up.
Even when you tap just as you're about to go out, but stay conscious, you will be dazed after they let go.

Paige has more heart than Sage. Even if she faked going out, she still tried to defend it, unlike him

Back