Did Paige Van Zant fake going unconscious?

super common -- its weird how being out for 2 seconds comes off like a 30 minute dream.

Inception
I've lived days in dream land. It really makes you appreciate how powerful your brain is.

She never went completely unconscious, so there was nothing to fake. Big John stopped it right before she would've gone limp.

I'll say it in this thread, too.

Purple face, chalk white choke point, choke sunk as fuck.

Everyone reacts differently every time when recovering from hypoxia resulting in full loss of consciousness.

Once that you let that tunnel of light completely constrict to black without tapping, you start dreaming and your body might do any number of things.

It only happened to me a few times in ten years of sub wrestling because you can learn to fuck around with the blackness closing in and tap just before you go out (plus you just get harder to choke with skill and conditioning) unless your arms are pinned but

I'll never forget that feeling.

Nothing fake about PVZs loss of consciousness whether it was complete or a split second from being complete.

It's a lack of oxygen to the brain. It doesn't happen all at once. It's a slow process. Page looked pretty woozy when Michelle first let it go. Naturally the better shape you're in the faster you can recover. It was all over so fast there wasn't time for Page to take much other damage.

It's a lack of oxygen to the brain. It doesn't happen all at once. It's a slow process. Page looked pretty woozy when Michelle first let it go. Naturally the better shape you're in the faster you can recover. It was all over so fast there wasn't time for Page to take much other damage.
@MMAViewer

Why not come in here and correct all these 'wrong' people.

@MMAViewer

Why not come in here and correct all these 'wrong' people.
Listen, I didn't mean to offend you. You have a right to your view and opinion.
You can disagree with mine or anyone else's opinion or view.
This is an Internet forum about MMA. No need to get so emotionally subscribed.

Listen, I didn't mean to offend you. You have a right to your view and opinion.
You can disagree with mine or anyone else's opinion or view.
This is an Internet forum about MMA. No need to get so emotionally subscribed.
My emotional subscription ran out ages ago. I'm considering renewing but I'm not sure it's worth it.

No big deal, man. I just don't understand how or why you would dig in so hard on something that is completely wrong.

It's not opinion. It is a fact that a blood choke causes cerebral hypoxia which is the mechanism for loss of consciousness. It's not some neural blood pressure switch or whatever you were getting at. I'm still interested what you think the actual mechanism is that causes loss of consciousness.

All I could glean was that you think it was absolutely not hypoxia but it was the brain's response to drop in blood pressure (why, though? What is the mechanism if not cerebral hypoxia?).

Yeah, dude this is an MMA forum where we chat shit and sometimes discuss things and sometimes argue or just tell each other to GTFO.

I think I'm still in that territory here.

Means if somebody chokes you to death , you won't feel any pain.
Depends how rough their squeeze is... but the end is super peaceful... and.. almost exactly the same as when i almost drowned.. super scared and terrified... then calm and peaceful as the walls closed in.

If you fake going unconscious in a choke hold you would actually go out much quicker.

Even if you think about faking it... if you're ready for that type of commitment you give zero fucks about going to sleep.

She did look a little too quick to recover

I think she was on the verge of going out. Honestly, I thought the ref jumped the gun a bit and should have checked or given it another second or two. I don't mean it would have changed the outcome of the fight, but fuck it it's a choke and it won't hurt her if she goes all the way out.

The fact she sat up so quick is why people are questioning if she was out. I rewatched and she does go limp and Big John separates them right away. Hard to say she was out completely, but as soon as she went limp he pulled them apart.

The fact she sat up so quick is why people are questioning if she was out. I rewatched and she does go limp and Big John separates them right away. Hard to say she was out completely, but as soon as she went limp he pulled them apart.

Looked like she just gave up fighting the choke and big John stopped it before she completely hit dreamland

is this true? i always thought getting choked unconscious would affect your brain somehow in a permanent sense
I've only seen theory that it can do this or that, but so far nothing has ever been proven or measured.

Depends how rough their squeeze is... but the end is super peaceful... and.. almost exactly the same as when i almost drowned.. super scared and terrified... then calm and peaceful as the walls closed in.
ohh damn you drowned too...

you go out surprisingly quick if choke is done right

This has been covered, but all kinds of weird shit can happen when a person starts to go out, including appearing to bounce right back afterwards even though really nobody is home.

Back