Did Paige Van Zant fake going unconscious?

I know about anatomy (at least as it pertains to BJJ), in fact... knowing where the arteries are in the neck has helped my choke game greatly. It looked fishy to me, PVZ seemed to come to when she 'heard' the fight was being stopped, instantly as Waterson let go, i have seen people come back quick in training... but never that quick, i think she faked it... She knew she was done, but wanted to go out like a 'warrior' as shown in the link i posed.
I've seen people wake up that quick, everybody is different. The ref jumped the gun slightly, usually they don't catch the dude going out that quickly. She was probably right at the point where if you choke someone and hold their hand up while they're in the RNC, their arm goes limp and you let go. People wake up immediately after that

It doesnt make sense in my opinion. She fought it for so long. And tells herself pretend to go out wake up as soon as the ref stops?

Once you stop moving and stay completely still, like Paige did, then the ref has to stop things because he's going to assume you're unconcious.

She didn't complain about the stoppage so presumably she was for a second.

see, if she was actually faking, she would at least have faked being unconscious for a few seconds.

A lot of the female fighters also fake being KO'd during stoppages.

Not sure if joking.... but fighers in general, i have seen a lot of stoppages where that looked to be the case, where a light bit of ground and pound and they suddenly are sleeping.

Or just fighters who stop moving waiting for that TKO, clearly conscious, but just waiting for that ref to stop it, often times in the turtled up position.

How does one. ..Be... a choke... exactly?

Next level expert BJJ shit right there.... actually sounds like something Rener Gracie would say :D

I've seen people wake up that quick, everybody is different. The ref jumped the gun slightly, usually they don't catch the dude going out that quickly. She was probably right at the point where if you choke someone and hold their hand up while they're in the RNC, their arm goes limp and you let go. People wake up immediately after that
Seriously, for everyone questioning it you just need to experience it. I've gone out and I have choked people out. If you imagine, your brain is not firing on all cylinders when you are going out. I will never forget the time I had a training partner in a triangle choke and he locked eyes with me as he tried to break the lock and stared at me as he slumped to the side. I honestly didn't know he was out or I would have let up, and 10 seconds later I shook him awake and he just said "good shit" and walked off. So no she was not acting. Be on the recieving end of that lock and you will know that you are not going to have the presences of mind to "fake it"

Seriously, for everyone questioning it you just need to experience it. I've gone out and I have choked people out. If you imagine, your brain is not firing on all cylinders when you are going out. I will never forget the time I had a training partner in a triangle choke and he locked eyes with me as he tried to break the lock and stared at me as he slumped to the side. I honestly didn't know he was out or I would have let up, and 10 seconds later I shook him awake and he just said "good shit" and walked off. So no she was not acting. Be on the recieving end of that lock and you will know that you are not going to have the presences of mind to "fake it"

You are just assuming everyone has the same experience as you... you might never have any presences of mind, but why can't PVZ? Of course i have been on the end of "that lock" a RNC, the most common fucking sub going.

She wasn't completely unconscious. She was going out and Big John stopped it.

How long have you been watching this "sport"?

Trying to make someone look dumb while fucking up basic English, 'huh buddy?'
When it's not your first language, you tend not to care - it doesn't bother me in the slightest, bud.

Back