Did Oezdemir crack the blueprint on how to beat Reyes?

Reyes won the standup and the fight. So if you're implying that having power is the way to beat Reyes then you are mistaken.

Oezdemir, one of the most feared and powerful strikers in the division, had to try to wrestle Reyes to keep the fight close and by the time it got to the third, Reyes was having his way over Oezdemir. Legitimately hurting him and teeing off on him.

It was the biased commentary that made that fight seem like a robbery. They were even so dismissive of Reyes' dominance in the third. Had you just been listening to the audio, you would have that he lost that round too.

Seriously though, once you've cracked the puzzle (or "blueprint") you can take the broken pieces and put it back together the correct way and now you have solved the code. Now you've created a new blueprint made of pieces from the cracked puzzlecode, and all the colors match.

<TheDonald>
<{Joewithit}>

I decided to go back and watch the fight to see if I was missing anything and nope. It was just like I remembered.

Oezdemir 1. Reyes 2,3.

Dan Hardy was so biased. He either ignored or dismissed any kind of work Reyes did.

Over a minute into the 2nd, Reyes lands a nice push kick to the body. Oezdemir taps his stomach as if to say, "That didn't hurt."

What does Hardy say? "Good work by Volkan Oezdemir". What work? He completely ignores Reyes' strike.

Reyes lands a really hard leg kick. Oezdemir doesn't do anything. Hardy says, "The low kicks are great from Dominick Reyes but I do like what Volkan's doing here." Hardy acknowledges it this time but quickly dismisses it.

More exchanges where Reyes lands a nice left, a low kick. Whiffed strikes by Oezdemir followed by a glancing Reyes counter. Commentary instead says nice pressure by Oezdemir.

Oezdemir plods forward, no strikes, while Reyes throws strikes. Commentary talks about Oezdemir utilizing the full spectrum of his weapons. What spectrum? Walking forward?

Oezdemir continues to do nothing. Hardy talking about Oezdemir feinting and slipping punches.

Reyes goes for a TD that Oezdemir defends. "Nice defense by Volkan!"

Volkan immediately goes for a TD of his own that is completely shaken off even easier by Reyes. No acknowledgement from Hardy. Instead he says, "I love that aggression by Oezdemir.

Reyes lands a hard kick to the liver. "That didn't bother Oezdemir at all."

Oezdemir misses with a knee, "Nice knee!"

Reyes lands another hard kick the body. They say Reyes is gassing. A hard left breaks through Volkan's guard. Nothing from Hardy. Instead, he praises Volkan's confidence.

Continue to say Reyes is gassing even though he is more active. Reyes misses a jab, "He's not commiting to his punches any more.". Volkan misses with a double jab. "Nice work!"

That's not even all of it. There was just too much.

And round 3! What an atrocity. The commentators get the strike stats and can't believe how close it is. Because from what they saw, Oezdemir was landing every strike and Reyes barely. So now, they start defending their commentary for a minute or so. Ignoring more work from Reyes.

Reyes slips a punch and lands a nice straight. "Both guys looking to land". What? Reyes did land.

Pass the halfway point of the roun and all those body kicks that Reyes landed in the previous round has Oezdemir gassed.

A kick from Oezdemir is blocked. "Nice job neutralizing that left arm of Reyes."

Volkan shoots for a takedown and clinches to catch a breather. On the break, Reyes lands a straight down the middle. Then lands a hard thudding knee to the body that has Oezdemir hurt. He covers up and backs away while Reyes is on the attack.

The final two minutes go by with Reyes stalking and striking while Oezdemir covers up. Commentators ignore it all and go off on a tangent about training.

Jones has zero power in his hands so Reyes is a bad matchup for him

I'd give Santos a decent chance against Reyes
at first I was in the reyes rematch party but now I've convinced myself the way to go is Jones/Blachowicz and Reyes/Santos winner gets rematch

Jones has zero power in his hands so Reyes is a bad matchup for him

USATSI_14016890_168386052_lowres.jpg

I think Jones can handle the match up..

volkan is a hammer when hes not tired. do not forget reyes won the 3rd round of that fight based on his cardio and heart. in a 5 rounder i think reyes beats volkan. However i do think volkan won when they fought.

not alot of people are gonna be able to wade through reyes shots and swing bricks. and even in doing so volkan was tired in the 3rd.

PS. you can "crack the code" or "create the blueprint" as figures of speech. Cracking the blueprint makes no sense lmao. That would be like if he made it so that no one could figure it out cos he destroyed the blueprints.

Sherdog is the home of mixed metaphors

You know what he meant. Obviously it was just an honest mistake. It's no big deal. And you laughing your head off because of it, looks ridiculous.

I'm definitely going to start using "crack the blueprint" from now on.

TS is a legend.

Jan hits hard but realistically he's too old and slow to beat Reyes.

"Jan hits hard", "Polish power", etc. Where does this myth coming from? Has he ever even knocked down a fighter that doesn't have a glass chin?

I think Reyes and Volkan would run rings around Blachowicz to be honest. Jan doesn't impress me that much, he's old, slow as hell and stiff. He has good hands and KO power but that usually only relates to fighting chinny guys with poor striking themselves. Look at what Marreta did to Jan - I would back Reyes and Volkan to do the same.

You guys need to rewatch that fight again.
I think that's probably the worst that Reyes has ever looked inside the octagon.

They say styles make fights and I'm probably gonna hear some backlash for saying this, but I think Jan can knock out Reyes.

Reyes may look good against Jones
Jan might look bad against Jones

But.........

Reyes will look horrible against Jan
Stylistically, I think Jan is a nightmare for Reyes if they ever fought.

What do you think?
I agree

I decided to go back and watch the fight to see if I was missing anything and nope. It was just like I remembered.

Oezdemir 1. Reyes 2,3.

Dan Hardy was so biased. He either ignored or dismissed any kind of work Reyes did.

Over a minute into the 2nd, Reyes lands a nice push kick to the body. Oezdemir taps his stomach as if to say, "That didn't hurt."

What does Hardy say? "Good work by Volkan Oezdemir". What work? He completely ignores Reyes' strike.

Reyes lands a really hard leg kick. Oezdemir doesn't do anything. Hardy says, "The low kicks are great from Dominick Reyes but I do like what Volkan's doing here." Hardy acknowledges it this time but quickly dismisses it.

More exchanges where Reyes lands a nice left, a low kick. Whiffed strikes by Oezdemir followed by a glancing Reyes counter. Commentary instead says nice pressure by Oezdemir.

Oezdemir plods forward, no strikes, while Reyes throws strikes. Commentary talks about Oezdemir utilizing the full spectrum of his weapons. What spectrum? Walking forward?

Oezdemir continues to do nothing. Hardy talking about Oezdemir feinting and slipping punches.

Reyes goes for a TD that Oezdemir defends. "Nice defense by Volkan!"

Volkan immediately goes for a TD of his own that is completely shaken off even easier by Reyes. No acknowledgement from Hardy. Instead he says, "I love that aggression by Oezdemir.

Reyes lands a hard kick to the liver. "That didn't bother Oezdemir at all."

Oezdemir misses with a knee, "Nice knee!"

Reyes lands another hard kick the body. They say Reyes is gassing. A hard left breaks through Volkan's guard. Nothing from Hardy. Instead, he praises Volkan's confidence.

Continue to say Reyes is gassing even though he is more active. Reyes misses a jab, "He's not commiting to his punches any more.". Volkan misses with a double jab. "Nice work!"

That's not even all of it. There was just too much.

And round 3! What an atrocity. The commentators get the strike stats and can't believe how close it is. Because from what they saw, Oezdemir was landing every strike and Reyes barely. So now, they start defending their commentary for a minute or so. Ignoring more work from Reyes.

Reyes slips a punch and lands a nice straight. "Both guys looking to land". What? Reyes did land.

Pass the halfway point of the roun and all those body kicks that Reyes landed in the previous round has Oezdemir gassed.

A kick from Oezdemir is blocked. "Nice job neutralizing that left arm of Reyes."

Volkan shoots for a takedown and clinches to catch a breather. On the break, Reyes lands a straight down the middle. Then lands a hard thudding knee to the body that has Oezdemir hurt. He covers up and backs away while Reyes is on the attack.

The final two minutes go by with Reyes stalking and striking while Oezdemir covers up. Commentators ignore it all and go off on a tangent about training.

I didn't listen to the commentary (am Italian) and still have Özdemir winning the fight 29-28.

You know what he meant. Obviously it was just an honest mistake. It's no big deal. And you laughing your head off because of it, looks ridiculous.

Whoa whoa, don't hold all your horses in one basket there. I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Back