Did Nick Diaz shoot himself in the foot

idgas.gif

People want to see Nick fight. Why? Because he is an original, as other people have mentioned. These seemingly stupid moves cannot hurt him. The only thing that could hurt a Diaz is being unauthentic.

He is literally immune to whatever fuckups he perpetuates.

I thought the interview started off rough, Nick definitely had some media ring rust. Buy by the end he had reached his stride and was the Nick we all know and love.

And he really doesn't need to call out anyone. So far, 2 champs from 2 different divisions have said they want to fight him. He knows how to play the game

I think if he wants to try and make some good cash in the UFC's WW division he should angle for that Robbie Lawler fight. There is a good chance that fight goes the way of most of Robbie's recent fights and be a war and FOTY candidate and if Nick can win it he could jump to the front of the pack for a WW shot. If GSP comes back and takes the belt from Woodley then that's a payday well worth Nick's time.
This just occurred to me: rather than Lawler, how about Rory MacDonald? Both coming off losses, and he's still within reach of title contention.

This just occurred to me: rather than Lawler, how about Rory MacDonald? Both coming off losses, and he's still within reach of title contention.

PIkprkZ.gif

Would watch!

Nick could try to get revenge for the beating Rory put on his lil bro too!

Nick could get that loss back for his brother, if he and Rory ever fought. It doesn't do anything for Rory, though, besides a slightly bigger pay day, and time to heal from the heavy hitters he's faced recently.

Nick, on the other hand, with a win, would be catapulted into the Top Ten picture, at WW. Even a loss would give him recent ring experience he could take with him to Bellator.

Nick looks like he's been getting stronger, hopefully he's been working on his anti-wrestling, because besides begging the judges with baby leg kicks, that's the only way to "beat" a Diaz Brother.

No, but Cheddar Bob did shoot himself in the dick

c64fd15661c6f6f00dfeecfad9e59a7f.400x180x19.gif

Nick's not exactly a savvy business man. It should be no surprise.

Hes a bum that beat a bunch of cans and thinks hes the "best" fighter
Hey doesn't think or say he's the best. He merely states that he's paid his dues in this sport for a long time, and should be paid appropriately for it. He always comes to fight whether successful or not , and he draws fans because of it.

Pay the man.

PIkprkZ.gif

Would watch!

Nick could try to get revenge for the beating Rory put on his lil bro too!
Key word there is 'try'

Rory would destroy Nick. GSP controlled Nick and Rory is bigger. Firas already owns that successful Diaz playbook.

Key word there is 'try'

Rory would destroy Nick. GSP controlled Nick and Rory is bigger. Firas already owns that successful Diaz playbook.

Doubt Rory "destroys" Nick - NOBODY has destroyed Nick, ever.

He could well win, but it would be a good fight imo.

Doubt Rory "destroys" Nick - NOBODY has destroyed Nick, ever.

He could well win, but it would be a good fight imo.
Easy to not get destroyed when you don't try something different and whine when your opponent doesn't engage. Diaz bros don't have a plan B.

He would take Nick down or keep him at distance with kicks. Once on the ground he would control him, much like GSP did.

his emotions change every minute, will have a different answer depending on the mood.

I don't think that Nick goes anywhere near Rory. Terrible style matchup for Nick. Rory is too dominant when in top position and has more than enough ability to control Nick's bottom game. Rory would have enough success on the feet due to the threat of a TD as well. I think the Robbie fight is the best path for Nick going back into the UFC WW division. He is coming off holding the belt, actually had several defenses of the belt, and Nick holds a win over him so even in a loss he is tied with him. A win can be used to justify a title shot or eliminator.

Back