Did Nate Diaz destroy Mcgregor in trash talking?

There's a part of the press conference, when Nate is asked something like "how do you feel about Conor?"

And Conor pretty much stands up and looks at Nate, waiting for his answer. Nate goes "He's done what he's had to do" or something like that.....Conor is Nodding and saying like "right right", like he really cared what Nate's response was gonna be. That's the shit I'm talking about. I don't think that feeling of caring is reciprocated from nate to conor.

McGregor gets very fired up by people not giving him credit he feels he's earned, he uses it as motivation.

So he would have been waiting for Nate to play him down to respond, but if Nate doesn't knock him, he can only really react like that.

I think they have a lot of respect for each other and wouldn't be surprised if you see them train together when this is all over.

He's got to where he's at by talking and backing it up. Most knockouts in featherweight history.

McGregor got the push he deserved, any promotion would push someone hard like him.

He was the first fighter to be on The MMA Hour by fan request, that was before he was even in the UFC.

People talk like he's some product of the UFC. He's a product of himself, the UFC merely gave him the platform.

The problem with Nate and Nick is like Dana has said previously, they don't play the game. They work against the UFC rather than work with them like Conor has. A company is not going to push you if you're constantly bitching about them in public.
I'm not pissing on McGregor. But if you think that he didn't get an added push, because the UFC saw dollar signs with his personality and marketability in Ireland, you're insane. He got a title shot off of a win over Denis Siver, without a single top 5 victory.

But anyway, that wasn't my point. My point is the dynamic between the 2 fighters. To me it seemed like Nate had the mental edge, because Conor cared more, thought it was clear.

I thought Nate outbrashed Conor

Not even Close. Diaz has a been a trash talker since day one. Not even an act, that's how they grew up. If anyone has ever been to Stockton, or live by it that place is ghetto AF. Use to be a nice place till the Recession.

Not to mention, Diaz is border line Autistic any way. Still, WAR DIAZ.

Conor is so good so witty and funny so real and
So unreal he's glamorous and gritty all at the
Same time

War conor

I'm not pissing on McGregor. But if you think that he didn't get an added push, because the UFC saw dollar signs with his personality and marketability in Ireland, you're insane. He got a title shot off of a win over Denis Siver, without a single top 5 victory.

But anyway, that wasn't my point. My point is the dynamic between the 2 fighters. To me it seemed like Nate had the mental edge, because Conor cared more, thought it was clear.

I didn't say he didn't get an added push but he deserved that added push, it would be stupid for them to not give it to him.

And no he didn't get a title shot by beating Siver, he got a title shot by winning 4 fights in a row (3 of them first round knockouts) and being extremely over with the fans. And he did beat a top 5 guy, Poirier was ranked number 5 when he beat him and he didn't just beat him, he knocked him out in the first round.

The Siver fight was just the UFC capitalising on his popularity and using him to do great numbers on Fox.

And even then, the title shot didn't come next, Aldo pulled out so he had to beat Chad before he fought for the real belt.

In terms of who spoke better? Conor won. In terms of who did better at getting under their opponents skin? Nate won.

Conor reacted to nearly everything nate said where as everything Conor said fell on deaf ears.

@fortheo gets it.

Conor sounds great when he's laying out the script, and everything is going according to plan because either no one talks back, or they give him the same old tired stuff that he's prepared for. However, ask any experienced actor who works with a genius at going off script, what it's like the first time, and what they'll say is basically what happened with Conor.

Nate didn't say much, but everything he said either got Conor to overreact, or sit there in complete silence because he had absolute nothing in response.

Nate: I don't give a f*ck about belts
Conor shouting: I don't give a fuck about belts either!
Nate: Then why are you always carrying that thing around with you?
*crickets*

Nate: Everyone's on stereoids
*Conor explodes*

Nate:You're out there playing touchbutt in the pick, with that pony-tailed dork
*Hello darkness my old friend*

If trash talking were won by sheer amount of words delivered at high volume, Conor would have won. However, trash talking is about evoking reactions out of the other person. Nate won by a long mile.

I am real. I think Nate won the verbal exchanges

The steroid comment alone shook Conor so bad. He was so defensive and visibly upset.

You could definitely tell he wasn't used to an opponent dissing him

Even Conor's camp admits that he has to DESTROY Nate and not win on decisions in order to gain revenge. That itself practically ensures the fight goes the exact same way. Nate has to just stay loose and counter punch.

The 196 talk went to Conor. Nate held his own, but it waz mostly just a lot of "F*ck you how about that."

Nate had a few good zingerz like "my whole team will beat your whole team's ass"... & of course his shots at Ido are classic.

This time Conor is shut down... so Nate is too. It's interesting about Nate that he usually doezn't instigate trash talk... but when provoked he standz with the best of em!
This thread

Thanks!

You're right, "let's be real here"...and this is as "real" as it gets.

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif
What does that have to do with anything? TS said the trash talk.

Lol, "what is this, the money channel?"...

"yes, yes it is"

I'm glad Conor got humbled, he was talking way too much about money before his loss.

Yup, he made Conor check his ego

Conor won but Nate held his own much better than Conor's previous opponents.

Back