Did Nate Diaz destroy Mcgregor in trash talking?

So you're gay? You're coming out on Sherdog? Well damn.
I mean I have no problem with gays, do you however keep me out of that shit.

Watching you trying to put one over another sherdogger is cring-worthy. Pack it in and move along. You lost, and never did have, any credibility.

Is this even a question? Of course he did. People still talk about touch butt in the park. Conor tried to prepare some balloon animal line that backfired in his face.

Look at it like this: Nate's trash talk was so effective, Conor ducked the media in the lead up to the rematch. They were supposed to do a mini press tour of 4 stops, including Stockton, but Conor ducked out. He didn't want to have to answer questions about touch butt in the park, panic wrestling, or getting Stockton slapped.

Nate destroyed him without even really trying

Conor's were more witty and satirical, but they didn't bother Nate. Nate threw the usual, "You're on steroids", and Conor flipped out. Nate was the more effective with his words, I guess you could say.

Always funny watching Conor act like an arrogant jackass and then lose.

It's a lesson in why talking trash can be a bad thing for you.

No, he didn't. Not even close.

In terms of who spoke better? Conor won. In terms of who did better at getting under their opponents skin? Nate won.

Conor reacted to nearly everything nate said where as everything Conor said fell on deaf ears.

I wouldn't call it trash talking - trash talking is more of a goofy American term - I'd call it slagging more than anything.

Folk mention that without the 'trash talking' and not being able to get inside his opponents head, he's screwed - I think Cruz said that. But he forgets that before getting in to the UFC and fighting in Cage Warriors and other promotions earlier in his career, you meet your opponent more or less at the weigh in.

At the end of it all, it all boils down to what happens inside the cage. Plus, I think that Conor putting away some of the fighters in the round he predicted rustled the McHaterz jimmies. It was all pre-planned, the ref was in on it for the Mendes fight stopping it early, Poirier dropped after getting hit in the back of the head, Siver went down from a phantom punch.

Yes you are right it isn't true pure trash talking. It is a pre planned act, ala WWE.. When it is real though and not theatrics I believe it can truly effect the outcome of a fight... Also I do believe fixes exist in mma, and it is possible some of his fights were.Too many specific things going too well playing into large amounts of money being made. Maybe Aldo planned to take that punch. Not saying I believe this.. Just that I do not disbelieve it either.

As for the term trash talking itself.. meh

Different kind of trash talk. Nate will ignore anything he finds nerdy or stupid and just curse and Conor and call him names. Conor's trash has all these stories and rhetorics

Couple of things that stick out to mind are when Diaz posted about how Cerrone and dos Anjos got 'punked' at that press conference. There's some sort of preview show in America, I think, on Sunday. In the trailer Diaz talks about how if he was there, he would start throwing water bottles.

Conor called him out on that in the first press conference and Diaz sat there and said 'you're on steroids' The second press conference he got in to it a bit more and kept repeating 'who do you train with' 'my boy would whoop your ass' For people saying Conor has everything scripted, I don't think Diaz was talking on the fly.

It's always being a staple of the Diaz brothers make-up to make weird claims and assumptions. One of them which Diaz made when he said he 'would have got the big fights regardless if he fought Conor' He's being in the UFC 10 years and has never came close to being involved in any fight that would make him the money he's made from his last and next fight.

If Diaz tried to argue a point Conor made, I think he knew he would have being outwitted - let's not forget when the fight was announced, a lot of people were psyched for the trash talking before it, which didn't happen.

Diaz knows how to play the game as well. As far back as 189 he was on the short list to come in as a replacement and Tweeted out he was fighting Conor, before deleting it and wishing him good luck. If people's definition of KEEPING IT REAL is fighting outside of the cage, then so be it.

What does Nate even say half of the time? He's a good fighter and he always brings it but let's be real here.

You're right, "let's be real here"...and this is as "real" as it gets.

ufc-196-diaz-watermarked.gif

Yes you are right it isn't true pure trash talking. It is a pre planned act, ala WWE.. When it is real though and not theatrics I believe it can truly effect the outcome of a fight... Also I do believe fixes exist in mma, and it is possible some of his fights were.Too many specific things going too well playing into large amounts of money being made. Maybe Aldo planned to take that punch. Not saying I believe this.. Just that I do not disbelieve it either.

As for the term trash talking itself.. meh

Interesting thoughts.

Conor's cheesy ass scripted one liners couldn't keep up with Nate. Its clear a lot more of what Nate said affected Conor more than vice versa

There's no way some middle class kid from Ireland is going to out-shit-talk a cat from the ghetto in Stockton.

Statements that visibly rattled Conor: "You were born rich", "You're on steroids", "You don't believe your predictions".

Statements that visibly rattled Nate: None.
The ghetto of Stockton? Hahaha.

In fighting games, Trash talk doesn't mean who can come up with more theatrics more drama, It's about your ability to rattle your opponent with your talk. Which Conor did against his previous opponents, but in case of Diaz It was actually quite opposite.

It was Diaz, who rattled him with his talk, So from the aspect of effectiveness, I think Nate verbally destroyed Conor.

In fighting games, Trash talk doesn't mean who can come up with more theatrics more drama, It's about your ability to rattle your opponent with your talk. Which Conor did against his previous opponents, but in case of Diaz It was actually quite opposite.

It was Diaz, who rattled him with his talk, So from the aspect of effectiveness, I think Nate verbally destroyed Conor.

This... Shit talk is shit talk.

You don't gotta be clever... You can be obnoxious as hell, as long as you are getting under the other guy's skin with what you're saying.

Nates great! He handles Connor perfectly! Connor has been looking like he's trying a bit to hard and Nate appears more authentic

by mumbling and cursing all the time or asking him who his training partners are? yeah clearly....

Playing Touch butt with that dork in the park was pretty funny. Meisha Tate leaked a lil pee on that one.

Always funny watching Conor act like an arrogant jackass and then lose.

It's a lesson in why talking trash can be a bad thing for you.

I'm sure Conor knows this.

But without the trash talk, he wouldn't be a multi millionaire today.

What would you rather have, millions in the bank and fat keyboard warriors talking shit about you online after you lose, or pennies in the bank and some fat shertards praising you because you're so humble?

People pay to see Conor get KO'd as much as they pay to see him win.

Back