Did Nate Diaz destroy Mcgregor in trash talking?

It felt more like a roasting session. Conor didn't get in Diaz' head, nor did I think he tried to. When Conor was calling him a 'bum' 'threatening' to take him off the card and have him go back to 20/20 or whatever he gets paid, Diaz couldn't really say much. Though I'd never considered Diaz a 'trash talker' I think like someone said, it's more when he's in the middle of a fight.

In between the (sort of) back and forth, Conor gave Diaz props. I thought the touchbutt and making animal balloons in one hand and gangster signs with the other were mildly amusing. Apart from that, I thought it was pretty tame.

Conor and Diaz sr were supposed to train together when he first went to Vegas but it didn't happen. Plus, before the Aldo fight, two of Conor's team-mates spotted Diaz sr in a Starbucks and approached him - seemingly Diaz knew who one of the team-mates was even though he only fought locally at the time - and told them to wish Conor luck for the fight.

Last edited:
No, but he did destroy him in one thing that truly matters - actual fighting.

Talk is cheap.

Conor Bless.

conor_m.gif

Nate already kicked his ass...

That makes smacktalk easier... Mumbling and cursing aside, the dude kicked ass.

But as for wit & promotion, Connor is still the King.

Conor's trash talking is bs.

Tyson in his prime was an awesome shit talker.

I thought Nate outbrashed Conor

conor mainly talks complete bullshit. nate mainly talks complete truth.

some key points from nate

1. conor trains with nobodies
2.1 conor DOES play touchbutt in the park
2.2 with a dork with a ponytail
3. conor DOES have it all figured out when he's fighting midgets
4. nates whole team WILL beat up conors whole team. there can be no doubt that this is true.

conors main points

1. he's rich
2. nate is a "twerp"
3. conor will crush his hips and strangle him
4. conor did not take no steroids and is right against that me

conor is pure poison on the mic, hes awful. stutters a bunch of scripted gibberish and tries to come off as a poet when he can barely string a sentence together. at least chael has a fucking brain, and can SPEAK

Conor's trash talking is bs.

Tyson in his prime was an awesome shit talker.

I wouldn't call it trash talking - trash talking is more of a goofy American term - I'd call it slagging more than anything.

Folk mention that without the 'trash talking' and not being able to get inside his opponents head, he's screwed - I think Cruz said that. But he forgets that before getting in to the UFC and fighting in Cage Warriors and other promotions earlier in his career, you meet your opponent more or less at the weigh in.

At the end of it all, it all boils down to what happens inside the cage. Plus, I think that Conor putting away some of the fighters in the round he predicted rustled the McHaterz jimmies. It was all pre-planned, the ref was in on it for the Mendes fight stopping it early, Poirier dropped after getting hit in the back of the head, Siver went down from a phantom punch.

The way Nate doesn't give a shit + the way McGregor gets frustrated about it = Instant win for Nate Diaz

McGregor's antics can't do shit. He's not in Diaz's head and will never be

conor mainly talks complete bullshit. nate mainly talks complete truth.

some key points from nate

1. conor trains with nobodies
2.1 conor DOES play touchbutt in the park
2.2 with a dork with a ponytail
3. conor DOES have it all figured out when he's fighting midgets
4. nates whole team WILL beat up conors whole team. there can be no doubt that this is true.

conors main points

1. he's rich
2. nate is a "twerp"
3. conor will crush his hips and strangle him
4. conor did not take no steroids and is right against that me

conor is pure poison on the mic, hes awful. stutters a bunch of scripted gibberish and tries to come off as a poet when he can barely string a sentence together. at least chael has a fucking brain, and can SPEAK

Oh, the irony.

The trash talk was over after the ( Playing touchbutt in the park with that dork )

The simple fact that Conor's whole act seems pre planned and Nate seems like he's freestyle and DGAF

Conor was gotten to as hell when Nate mentioned steroids. I lol'd.

Different kind of trash talk. Nate will ignore anything he finds nerdy or stupid and just curse and Conor and call him names. Conor's trash has all these stories and rhetorics

I thought Nate outbrashed Conor

The only people who think nate out talked conor, are those that already don't like conor and simply want nate to out talk conor. Fact is, he didn't. Conor verbally thrashed him. Nate had some good jabs, but over all, conor blew him away. Not that it really matters though..

I had Nate by decision. First round went to conor, second round went to "I don't GIVE A FUCK", 3rd round was easily scored because there is no witty come back by conor for "you got choked out". Nate won without trying.

Back