did micheal johnson win?

looked to me like MJ was winning, but what do i know. apparently not much.

i wish i heard an explanation from the judges so i can figure it out. cause what i saw this morning was a slight advantage for Michael.

I'm guessing that unlike fightmetric monkeys and many fans here, the judges can tell the difference between a hard connection and touching the opponent with a reaching punch that he is pulling away from. Also they don't think a stiff jab 'ain't shit'. Stuff like that.

Saying this was the clearest 2-1 dec you remember leads me to believe you dont watch enough MMA fights. Rewatch the fight man. 2nd round was super close.
Key word is "remember" But let's hear your top-5 list of clear 2 rounds to 1 decisions.

Pro tip: Don't take a round off in a three round fight.

over 80% of sherdog thinks he won...... u rarely get numbers that high in a poll on here

Funny when people who said Johnson won the fight because he kept moving forward

Man... Reading this thread makes me realize that many fans are completely ignoring knees, jabs, low and body kicks and think that walking forward while hitting air is round-deciding 'aggression'. Unreal..

Not only aggression and octagon control are a factor,but Johnson clearly outstruck Dariush in both of the first two rounds.

You know what surprised me more than the decision? That Dariush even held his own against Johson. Dude isn't even good..... got finished by Ramsey Nijem lol. Very surprised that he is #12 LW in the world

You know what surprised me more than the decision? That Dariush even held his own against Johson. Dude isn't even good..... got finished by Ramsey Nijem lol. Very surprised that he is #12 LW in the world
Yeah, he got caught early by Nijem. I think things would go differently a second time, but we'll never know. Also, he's 6-1 in the UFC, and will likely end up in the Top 5 with this win. Yeah, he sucks :)

I'm proud of MJ and how far he's come since TUF he's an outstanding fighter. Dairush is gooooooood that's impressive how MJ handled him, they need a new system for hiring judges

I was rooting for MJ and gave him rd1. If you were blind and just listening to the announcers you would have thought he was cruising, landing everything he threw while Dariush never laid a glove on him.

In reality, I saw MJ throwing from so far out he was coming up short and whiffing on most of his punches. Meanwhile Dariush started to land jabs to the head and was the one actually controlling the distance.

I wouldn't have complained if they gave MJ the first two rounds but I thought Dariush stole the fight as he landed better in both the last two rounds.

I thought Dariush won. The second was very close and could have gone either way. The third was the most one-sided round.

over 80% of sherdog thinks he won...... u rarely get numbers that high in a poll on here

That's partly because of the announcers, who got it in their heads early that Johnson was going to win. Look how long it took them to pick up on Dariush's dominance in the third.

I was rooting for MJ and gave him rd1. If you were blind and just listening to the announcers you would have thought he was cruising, landing everything he threw while Dariush never laid a glove on him.

In reality, I saw MJ throwing from so far out he was coming up short and whiffing on most of his punches. Meanwhile Dariush started to land jabs to the head and was the one actually controlling the distance.

I wouldn't have complained if they gave MJ the first two rounds but I thought Dariush stole the fight as he landed better in both the last two rounds.
The commentators were awful last night. Bias everywhere. They were biased in the Kakai/Saenz fight, and I think they single-handedly conviced a few people Kakai won. If I wasn't watching the fight, but just listened to the commentary, I'd have thought so, too. Especially when you had Kenny "I thought Kakai won" Florian chirping in at the end.

I saw the MJ Dariush fight outside and couldn't hear a damn thing so basically watching on mute. Am gonna re watch it now with sound. Should be fun :)

This speaks to the antiquated scoring system that they bring from boxing. Its 3 rounds. If one guy clearly wins two (assuming no 10-8s), the fight is 29-28. With boxing, the 10 point must system makes more sense (ignoring corruption). The edges become more clear, with twelve rounds to tally

Terrible decision. MJ had the first two rounds without question.

Terrible decision. The fight was close but clearly on the side of MJ.

I thought Dariush won. The second was very close and could have gone either way. The third was the most one-sided round.

That's partly because of the announcers, who got it in their heads early that Johnson was going to win. Look how long it took them to pick up on Dariush's dominance in the third.
The commentating was disgraceful last night. It started in the Kakai fight, and there was debate over the result there, even though Saenz took all 3 rounds, in my opinion.

Back