did micheal johnson win?

supremehorse2

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I actually stopped watching after the second round because I thought mj won the first 2 rounds and it was pretty much over. I really don't see how he lost but i'll take your opinions. do you think he won or lost?

Robbery. MJ should have been on his way to the Gold now.

Yes he won. Judges should be fired.

He lost a very close decision. Coasting the third round cost him badly.

The no good horribly bad decision. Dariush only won round three.

He lost a very close decision. Coasting the third round cost him badly.

I didn't feel it was close at all, spamming a couple of unsuccessful takedown attempts, being outstruck and being forced backwards the whole time in the first 2 rounds dots not make it a close decision.

It was a very definitive 2 rounds to 1.

I had it 29-28 Johnson. Giving Beneil the third round.

He was burglarized, but I do feel like he could have ended it at any time

Judges are signed by that states athletic commission , or somthing like that , the UFC has nothing to do with them , and they often are incompetent in that sports , at least in erlear days in GSP vs Hendriks fight judges ware not involved in any combat sports as a background of their own , there was some girl who was a wolleyball player or some thing like that , non of them whare martial arts practitioner so how they can judge they dont know pass , submission was defended , was it close , so obviously incompetent judges still judging the fights , DONT LEAVE IT TO THE JUDGES ! :)

Yes, he won. He wasn't awarded the decision though.

That was as bad decision as any I've ever seen. I actually lol'd when I heard the first announcement for scoring the contest 29-28 for Dariush. Of course I thought the other judges got it right for a chance.

Technically no.

That doesn't mean much though. If the fans and Dana think someone won they won.

I'm glad the judges are not rewarding fighters moving forward without doing much of anything, a win these days

Last edited:
I gave it 2-1 MJ but Darius mixed it up more and MJ faded. In a five rounded Darius may have stopped him. I mean, did anyone see a one sided ass whipping? Golden rule is 'don't leave close bouts to the judges'.

beneil is a very talented fighter imo. if he can get a lil more speed to his striking he'll be a force. he lost last night doe

Nah, bullshit. He didn't win. Dariush jabbed him up the whole fight, clearly won the 3rd. I don't think he dominated, but I think he did more work. I only gave Johnson rd 2.

I fell asleep, so I didn't get to see the fight. I really wanted Beneil to win, but not like this. Never like this. I guess people are going to hate on Dariush now, even though it's not his fault the judges scored it for him.

I'm glad the judges are not rewarding fighters moving forward without doing much of anything, a win these days

Yeah, I never liked that shit. How can you complain when you lose like that, look at how he fought. It was like his performance against Melvin Guillard, he didn't do much, but he did enough.

Nah, bullshit. He didn't win. Dariush jabbed him up the whole fight, clearly won the 3rd. I don't think he dominated, but I think he did more work. I only gave Johnson rd 2.

Yet, all 3 judges gave Johnson Round 1. And 2 judges gave Dariush round 2. So even if you think Dariush won you still don't agree with the judges.

He did in my (29-28) and most peoples eyes, and being a fan of his it was quite disappointing.

I did think after he cruised (and lost) the 3rd he was rolling the dice on that 2nd round a little and we could be about to see him possibly miss out on the decision :(

He is a good fighter and will bounce back/learn from this though, and hopefully Dana takes care of him win bonus wise behind the scenes.

Back