Did McGregor land a single clean shot on Floyd?

What I said is all true homie. Floyd sure is one of the most successful defensive boxers of all time, but on that night, in that ring, Floyd was anything but defensive. Floyd fought like a Mexican as even a half brain damaged Conor could recognise. Floyd just walked pit patty punching Conor down. Floyd could walk him down because Conor had no heat in his punches.

What ever happened to "I don't care if he's wearing 4, 6, 8 or 12 oz gloves. My punches are like bricks coming at him and will break his guard."??

Conor's punches couldn't break down diahorrea after a bad curry.

<TrumpWrong1>
Floyd avoided trading like the plague until Conor was gassed from chasing him and missing. Let's not rewrite history.
He won. It was a good game plan. But that's what it was. Run till Conor gets tired of missing.

It's hard to take you seriously when you blame Conors "lack of power" instead of Floyd's defense on the lack of any action or damage to Floyd.

Lulz

GM_20170919_215755.gif

Conor also rocked Floyd to the body too. Do body shots not count as strikes anymore?

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

On the belt line. Purely legal. Clearly rocks Floyd to the lower gut. Corrupt ref steps in and saves Floyd.

Here's a fun fact for the MMA fans hating on Conor's ultra competitive performance against Floyd who know nothing about boxing. Body shots are scored highly in boxing.

AlertJubilantBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

*insert all the straight lefts to the body Conor landed too

IndelibleAmbitiousFish-size_restricted.gif

Slow down this gif and you can see that Conor landed another beautiful clean slip uppercut right hook combo counter off another one of Floyd's right leads

2eogw0n.gif

^that was just incredible by Conor

MMA fans who know nothing about boxing are downplaying just how competitive Conor was with Floyd

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

Which is breath taking considering Conor was 0-0 up against 49-0

2vhvjer.gif

IF anything THE REAL question is, did Floyd the 49-0 ever actually manage to land consistently clean against the 0-0 Conor until round 9 (aside from a couple right leads in round 6 and 7)

The cold hard truth that makes sherdog uncomfortable and angry is that Conor (0-0) was winning the fight heading into the 9th round, and was well on his way to actually winning the decision over 49-0 Floyd
DCFE9371-7110-4BDF-A335-68A7D143FA2F.png

Lulz

GM_20170919_215755.gif

Conor also rocked Floyd to the body too. Do body shots not count as strikes anymore?

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

On the belt line. Purely legal. Clearly rocks Floyd to the lower gut. Corrupt ref steps in and saves Floyd.

Here's a fun fact for the MMA fans hating on Conor's ultra competitive performance against Floyd who know nothing about boxing. Body shots are scored highly in boxing.

AlertJubilantBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

*insert all the straight lefts to the body Conor landed too

IndelibleAmbitiousFish-size_restricted.gif

Slow down this gif and you can see that Conor landed another beautiful clean slip uppercut right hook combo counter off another one of Floyd's right leads

2eogw0n.gif

^that was just incredible by Conor

MMA fans who know nothing about boxing are downplaying just how competitive Conor was with Floyd

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

Which is breath taking considering Conor was 0-0 up against 49-0

2vhvjer.gif

IF anything THE REAL question is, did Floyd the 49-0 ever actually manage to land consistently clean against the 0-0 Conor until round 9 (aside from a couple right leads in round 6 and 7)

The cold hard truth that makes sherdog uncomfortable and angry is that Conor (0-0) was winning the fight heading into the 9th round, and was well on his way to actually winning the decision over 49-0 Floyd
WOW these are devastating punches my man. I cant believe floyd was still standing after those.

<TrumpWrong1>
Floyd avoided trading like the plague until Conor was gassed from chasing him and missing. Let's not rewrite history.
He won. It was a good game plan. But that's what it was. Run till Conor gets tired of missing.

It's hard to take you seriously when you blame Conors "lack of power" instead of Floyd's defense on the lack of any action or damage to Floyd.

Interesting how you're re-writing the definition of "run". Last time I checked, in fighting sports run is defined as continuously moving AWAY from the other fighter. Like what Conor was doing in the Nick Diaz 2 fight:

Hit-so-hard-e1471773411198.jpg

The complete opposite of what Mayweather did in their fight. Mayweather continuously moved forward. Get his cock out of ya mouth :eek::eek::eek:.

but on that night, in that ring, Floyd was anything but defensive. Floyd fought like a Mexican as even a half brain damaged Conor could recognise. Floyd just walked pit patty punching Conor down. Floyd could walk him down because Conor had no heat in his punches.

Suprise, another MMA fan hating on Conor who knows NOTHING about boxing

"Bu but Floyd fought Conor in a way he had never fought like before. Floyd has never traded with anyone before"

yeeeeeeeeeeep.gif

And that's as prime of a Floyd as you can get

You Conor hating MMA fans clearly never followed Floyd's career (cough @Julius_Caesar too)

Floyd does trade and walk opponents down, WHEN HE'S THREATENED AND FORCED TO.

IF an opponent presents no danger to Floyd THAT'S WHEN Floyd will dance around them and COAST etc.

Go watch Floyd vs Judah. That fight literally played out similar to Conor vs Floyd.

Floyd DID NOT start out fighting like a "Mexican" against Conor.

Conor's counters had Floyd very hesitant early on

Floyd was losing to Conor from the outside, AND knew he HAD TO GET INSIDE

It was Conor who forced that adjustment out of Floyd

It was Conor who brought Floyd's A-game out of him, because Conor the 0-0 "MMA fighter" was out pointing and winning the decision over "boxing's best" 49-0 Floyd

Last edited:
Conor is hitting on the groin protector. Is that really legal?
Lol you might want to get your eyes checked friend. That's NO WHERE near the groin. The word you are looking for is belt line. ON the belt line IS still legal

Lol you might want to get your eyes checked friend. That's NO WHERE near the groin. The word you are looking for is belt line. ON the belt line IS still legal

Do you happen to know what groin protectors look like in boxing? I see he is not hitting in the groin, but he hits on the groinprotector which is covered with shorts.

Didn't mcg got save by the referee from being knocked the F.out ?
Not sure why you're trying so hard, but at the end of the day that was a shitty freak fight easily won by mayweather. So what's your point ?

PROlogic going back well over a decade to fight instances of Mayweather fighting more aggressively to support his argument. <{CMPALM}>

Poor fella doesn't even seem to grasp what an actual beltline is. Not his fault; us Conor fans still can't figure out why Robert Byrd (who ignored the actual low blow while supposedly protecting Mayweather, for the record) called a break when Conor was draped all over Mayweather like a drunken hobo.

Do you happen to know what groin protectors look like in boxing? I see he is not hitting in the groin, but he hits on the groinprotector which is covered with shorts.
Regardless he hits the belt line. That is still legal. In boxing the rule is, "anything BELOW the belt line"

Regardless he hits the belt line. That is still legal. In boxing the rule is, "anything BELOW the belt line"

At the start of the fight referee shows fighters where their belt line is. And he sees Conor hitting below belt line and considers it against the rules he told them before the fight. Do you know where the belt line is?

Conor fought the absolute worst, passive version of Floyd who did not even care enough to put on a defensive show.

Guess who still got knocked the fook out by a semi retired defensive point fighter?

(For earlier mentioned reasons i say Floyd's record is really 49.5 and 0

Does not take away from the fact that he is one of the absolute boxing g.o.a.t.s)

\
$

$

{<jordan}

Conor fanboys still trying to cope with the beatdown from the retired 40 year old lmao. Conor has brain damage because Floyd destroyed him so hard, deal with it virgin.

Suprise, another MMA fan hating on Conor who knows NOTHING about boxing

"Bu but Floyd fought Conor in a way he had never fought like before. Floyd has never traded with anyone before"

yeeeeeeeeeeep.gif

And that's as prime of a Floyd as you can get

You Conor hating MMA fans clearly never followed Floyd's career (cough @Julius_Caesar too)

Floyd does trade and walk opponents down, WHEN HE'S THREATENED AND FORCED TO.

IF an opponent presents no danger to Floyd THAT'S WHEN Floyd will dance around them and COAST etc.

Go watch Floyd vs Judah. That fight literally played out similar to Conor vs Floyd.

Floyd DID NOT start out fighting like a "Mexican" against Conor.

Conor's counters had Floyd very hesitant early on

Floyd was losing to Conor from the outside, AND knew he HAD TO GET INSIDE

It was Conor who forced that adjustment out of Floyd

It was Conor who brought Floyd's A-game out of him, because Conor the 0-0 "MMA fighter" was out pointing and winning the decision over "boxing's best" 49-0 Floyd

Faaark, you're dumber than a mute.

It seems most were glancing blows.

Even that uppercut, before Conor landed Floyd punched him in the shoulder which took most of the power out of it.

Please post some gifs of Conor landing some clean, flush punches on Floyd because I can't seem to remember any.

I found this video, have a look. We knew Conor landed many cleans shots. I guess the question should be did he land any significant punches. The type that the judges really notice and give fighters rounds.

I found this video, have a look. We knew Conor landed many cleans shots. I guess the question should be did he land any significant punches. The type that the judges really notice and give fighters rounds.

Even the one in the thumbnail isn't a clean shot.

He just kinda shoves his head backwards with his lead hand..

Conor did land ONE clean shot apparently, and its a "take one to give one" type of deal.

So far we have ONE clean blow that Conor landed on Floyd, and its this one...

GM_20170919_215755.gif

Anyone got another?

You haven't been looking then because even though Conor lost, theres lots of highlights that are dominated by Conor's moments

Funny how you can say what you did when the majority of Floyd's highlights are from rounds 9 and 10

Take away rounds 9 and 10 and that fight looks like Conor was out classing Floyd.

What does it say about Floyd when you can only make full highlights of his round 9 and round 10

Floyd got the finish fair and square and won, but let's stop pretending that Conor wasn't competitive or didnt have any moments

I was gonna respond, but then saw this post was made by one of the biggest Conor fangirls ever.

Conor didn't land shit during the entire fight. You can maybe find 2 or 3 decent punches landed, that we can actually see connecting Floyd's face with strong impact. Floyd's best highlight moment isn't even from round 9 or 10. It's way before that, and it is that beautiful pull counter that made Conor look like ana amateur. Forget round 9 and 10. Just that moment alone is better than anything Conor did during the entire fight.

WOW these are devastating punches my man. I cant believe floyd was still standing after those.

He even posts gifs of Conor clearly missing shots as if they were highlights.

Not sure why i can't come here and simply find 10 or 15 gifs of Floyd's face being desfigured by truly clean shots. It's always gifs of shots that give room to debate whether or not they landed, or shots where Floyd is covering up and avoiding the impact. What about the real big shots? Where are they? If Conor landed over 100 pounches, why can't anyone provide me with AT LEAST 10 great clean shots? I mean, there were cameras everywhere. We should be able to find those amazing Conor highlights, if they really exist...

conor4.gif

Back