Did Margarito know about the hand wraps?

I also believe he knew but from time to time I think "what if he's just really, really stupid?" is it possible that he is just entierly clueless? and further more why deny it to death instead of just apologize and move on? again, I do think he's guilty, but I wonder.

Now all we need is for someone to post a video of Ray mercer getting owned by Kimbo Slice and for all the douche bags in here cry, "THAT WAS A WORK!!!!"

No- we need to set up a standardized aptitude test that posters need to pass before being able to start threads, since most people don't know shit about boxing. This fucking discussion has been had and beaten to death in more than one thread, and not all that long ago mind you.

I'll talk boxing with ya all day if you're not knowledgeable about events and facts and come with questions, respectfully. Likewise, I don't know everything and may direct the odd question or consult with a more knowledgeable poster myself. The issue is posters that 'discovered' boxing last week and pollute a perfectly good forum with mindless, thoughtless, empty threads like this one.

Example: "I don't think Manny ever roided. (insert vague, general, pointless reason here). Discuss."...that's the fucking OP's I see here on the daily. No knowledge, no attempt at research, no dialogue, no real intraspection of the circumstances- just "hey tell me everything you know about this".... Oh yeah?? The basis of the thread starter's thread, this thread, is something that Pacman & Roach mentioned in the latest 24/7 episode for fuck's sake. Does that sound like somebody that has anything useful to contribute to anyone that didn't realize boxing existed yesterday? That's what this place has devolved to. "If you don't like the thread then don't post here," you say? Fine. I'm not gonna fight with you on that, fair enough. What happens, though, is that that invites more and more lame, bleak threads without any new insight or good discussion. It's basically just going to become the boxing newbie forum and even you, yes you will eventually lose all interest in posting or reading anything here.

I've posted in this forum for about 4 years and been creeping around here reading stuff even longer, so I'm admittedly frustrated that this is where we're at today, no doubt. I wouldn't worry about me too much, my eventual e-suicide is practically inevitable with this fucking place, I'm just firing my last few shots here.

Last edited:
I personally think hes just too stupid to realise what happened otherwise he would'ev just came out clean a long time ago right? Why deny it for so long?

No- we need to set up a standardized aptitude test that posters need to pass before being able to start threads, since most people don't know shit about boxing. This fucking discussion has been had and beaten to death in more than one thread, and not all that long ago mind you.

I'll talk boxing with ya all day if you're not knowledgeable about events and facts and come with questions, respectfully. Likewise, I don't know everything and may direct the odd question or consult with a more knowledgeable poster myself. The issue is posters that 'discovered' boxing last week and pollute a perfectly good forum with mindless, thoughtless, empty threads like this one.

Example: "I don't think Manny ever roided. (insert vague, general, pointless reason here). Discuss."...that's the fucking OP's I see here on the daily. No knowledge, no attempt at research, no dialogue, no real intraspospection of the circumstances- just "hey tell me everything you know about this".... Oh yeah?? The basis of the thread starter's thread, this thread, is something that Pacman & Roach mentioned in the latest 24/7 episode for fuck's sake. Does that sound like somebody that has anything useful to contribute to anyone that didn't realize boxing existed yesterday? That's what this place has devolved to. "If you don't like the thread then don't post here," you say? Fine. I'm not gonna fight with you on that, fair enough. What happens, though, is that that invites more and more lame, bleak threads without any new insight or good discussion. It's basically just going to become the boxing newbie forum and even you, yes you will eventually lose all interest in posting or reading anything here.

I've posted in this forum for about 4 years and been creeping around here reading stuff even longer, so I'm admittedly frustrated that this is where we're at today, no doubt. I wouldn't worry about me too much, my eventual e-suicide is practically inevitable with this fucking place, I'm just firing my last few shots here.

No. He said, ""Coach, put my hands wraps on, I'm gonna close my eyes!"
And then he closed his eyes.

when you hear that the athletic commission reps and Mosely's trainers were watching the Marg's trainer put the wraps and didn't notice anything until they felt it, I'd say it's possible that he could have slipped them in with Marg noticing, especially if his mind was on the fight

I think he knew. Especially after hearing his excuse on 24/7 when he said he would have know if he got a chance to punch. Just sounds like a canned response to cover up his guilt.

when you hear that the athletic commission reps and Mosely's trainers were watching the Marg's trainer put the wraps and didn't notice anything until they felt it, I'd say it's possible that he could have slipped them in with Marg noticing, especially if his mind was on the fight

Dude.... I guess some people just believe what they want to believe and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Then there's people like me who don't believe or trust anyone and expect everyone to be responsible for their actions and their consequences.

Now all we need is for someone to post a video of Ray mercer getting owned by Kimbo Slice and for all the douche bags in here cry, "THAT WAS A WORK!!!!"

been covered, listed as an 'exhibition' by the state athletic commission, any idea what that means?

and margarito absolutely knew the wraps were loaded.

(back from j/o to PBF poster).....shut the fuck up

You have made quite a lot of posts for someone who was complaining about this thread being started. Why would you want to make so many posts in thread you don't like?

Please don't abuse your right to be a complete and utter weirdo son!

I also believe he knew but from time to time I think "what if he's just really, really stupid?" is it possible that he is just entierly clueless? and further more why deny it to death instead of just apologize and move on? again, I do think he's guilty, but I wonder.

this. My instinct tells me to not believe him. But what he keeps saying is somewhat plausible so I'm not 100% sure that he knew. Then again i am a little biased...

My dad talked with Margarito, and he told him that he seriously didn't know about it. He told him that he doesn't wrap his own hands etc..

My dad talked with Margarito, and he told him that he seriously didn't know about it. He told him that he doesn't wrap his own hands etc..

Well if he said "seriously"...

His hands are still attached to his body. As long as he can feel them, I can't imagine how he couldn't have noticed. Unless, as others have said, he just really is that stupid/clueless.

Edit: I understand why he doesn't come clean, though. Coming clean could mean never being sanctioned again. As long as he denies, Arum can keep making fights for him.

Last edited:
Of course he knew what was in his wraps. No one is gonna admit they loaded their gloves because that's the most cowardly thing anyone can do.

Last edited:
You have made quite a lot of posts for someone who was complaining about this thread being started. Why would you want to make so many posts in thread you don't like?

Please don't abuse your right to be a complete and utter weirdo son!

You're garbage

Back