Did Malik Scot ttake a dive against Deontay Wilder.

look at Parker’s resume when he had the belt. Ruiz’s. Hell anthonys.

Go back a bit you get Bruno, Tate and seldon

you speak in hyperbole way too often
Joshua's resume is much stronger than Wilder's

Does look a little funny on first watch because the right hits the gloves BUT the left does hit him flush on the side of the head so it could have been that which discombobulated him. I do feel that Scott could have at least tried to get back to his feet.

If your guard is held close to your face, unless it is rigid at the point of contact, it offers almost no protection from the power of the blow.

Early on, when unfamiliar with Wilder, I thought it may have been a willful decision on Scott’s part to not get up.
But Wilder really just hits that hard

Early on, when unfamiliar with Wilder, I thought it may have been a willful decision on Scott’s part to not get up.
But Wilder really just hits that hard
he doesn't hit that hard against elite fighters

I always thought it was a funny looking KO. Looks like he wanted no part of Wilder and just decided to call it a day.

he doesn't hit that hard against elite fighters
Do you think his power changes depending on the opponent or his ability to land the power is diminished?

Do you think his power changes depending on the opponent or his ability to land the power is diminished?
yes because elite fighters are able to roll better with the punches

It looks like the left hook could’ve done a little damage. Obviously I don’t know for sure, but I think maybe Malik Scott could’ve gotten up, but probably knew that was a bad idea and decided to stay down. If I had to guess, he probably knew if he got up there was the risk of it being a much more brutal KO

A story we’ve seen in boxing many times. Ali/Liston, Tyson/Seldon, seen a few people even debate over Shannon Briggs vs. Ray Mercer. There’s loads more I’m sure where a debate like this is sparked. I think one of the more obvious ones was Danny Green vs. Paul Briggs

yes because elite fighters are able to roll better with the punches
So, the power is the unchanged. Thanks for making my point. His power is terrifying, but his boxing abilities to land that power are below average.

If your guard is held close to your face, unless it is rigid at the point of contact, it offers almost no protection from the power of the blow.
And we'd see Scott hit himself with his own gloves with some force if that had occurred but the shot didn't seem to do that.

i dont know why people dont want to call modern fights dives as much as they did older fights

this was a blatant dive, there are a lot more like this as well, they turn up the pay and drop like a stone as soon as they get touched, its easy money, and possibly encouraged by the promoters

And we'd see Scott hit himself with his own gloves with some force if that had occurred but the shot didn't seem to do that.

Have watched it numerous times. Inconclusive as to whether his guard offered any meaningful protection or not IMO.

Back