Did Malik Scot ttake a dive against Deontay Wilder.

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

alot of people think this fight, Malik took a dive....what are your thoughts?

He got hit on the side of the head, I'm not sure it did as much damage as he acted like it did, but I think that cuffing blow was enough for him to say "fuck this I'm taking my check and going home" type of thing.

Then again Deontay has that crazy type of power, maybe it was way worse than it looked. Guys like him have that effect, esp with the temple type shots. But yeah I think Scott probably had more left and just decided not to take the extra damage.

You gotta stop stealing boxing scene topics and posting them here as original thoughts.

yeah, there is reason to be suspicious of this one.

The fact that they’re good friends does make it suspect.

Nope. Not in the purest sense of the word. The left hook dropped him legitimately.
Could he have gotten up? Only he knows. There's a strong possibility that he found himself on the canvas early on & after tasting Wilder's power decided "to hell with this" though.

Nope. Not in the purest sense of the word. The left hook dropped him legitimately.
Could he have gotten up? Only he knows. There's a strong possibility that he found himself on the canvas early on & after tasting Wilder's power decided "to hell with this" though.
I think there’s several “dives” that can be described in a similar way.

I think there’s several “dives” that can be described in a similar way.
Yep. When I was coming up they used to call it "finding a soft spot on the canvas".
There's nothing prearranged about it the fighter just realizes that they're outgunned & basically quit.

Yep. When I was coming up they used to call it "finding a soft spot on the canvas".
There's nothing prearranged about it the fighter just realizes that they're outgunned & basically quit.

1988 Michael Spinks was looking for that soft spot before he stepped through the ropes.

Would be ridiculous to question Wilder's power at this point. Whether Scott was down down, or stayed down, who cares? Either way he felt the power and it ended and there wasn't anything abnormal about how compared to Wilders other victims at the time, and this is coming from someone who had his doubts at the time as well. The more scalps Wilder took from that point on, the less I questioned this shit, and just started believing Bronze bomber was for real.

Would be ridiculous to question Wilder's power at this point. Whether Scott was down down, or stayed down, who cares? Either way he felt the power and it ended and there wasn't anything abnormal about how compared to Wilders other victims at the time, and this is coming from someone who had his doubts at the time as well. The more scalps Wilder took from that point on, the less I questioned this shit, and just started believing Bronze bomber was for real.
Wilder's power is overrated...... he looks good against cab drivers and bums, but when he fights an elite fighter that can move...his power is negated as Fury proved

Wilder's power is overrated...... he looks good against cab drivers and bums, but when he fights an elite fighter that can move...his power is negated as Fury proved

Ortiz was a cabbie or a bum?

everyone’s power is negated if they can’t land solid

He lost one fight. And almost KOd Fury first time around.

He lost one fight. And almost KOd Fury first time around.
yeah he almost knocked out a 50 percent Fury that was coming off 3 years ring rust, drugs, depression, 400lbs and had 2 nothing fights, which is why Wilder cherrypicked him in the first place

couldn't do anything against a full 100 percent Fury....

yeah he almost knocked out a 50 percent Fury that was coming off 3 years ring rust, drugs, depression, 400lbs and had 2 nothing fights, which is why Wilder cherrypicked him in the first place

couldn't do anything against a full 100 percent Fury....

Love your %s.

Again, he didn’t crack fury in the second fight. His power isn’t overrated, perhaps his ability to land square against elite fighters is.

Love your %s.

Again, he didn’t crack fury in the second fight. His power isn’t overrated, perhaps his ability to land square against elite fighters is.
I don't think he hits harder or is a better puncher than say Wlad who's power was probably equal and who also had more weapons

powerful jab, deadly left hook, deadly right hand from guard

where as Wilder's right hand is from the hip, thats all he has..

The reality is we will never know. What we do know is Wilder hits ridiculously hard, so even if he doesn't land flush he can still put opponents away.

The reality is we will never know. What we do know is Wilder hits ridiculously hard, so even if he doesn't land flush he can still put opponents away.

no. He has no power. He lost a fight.

Were really at the point now where Wilder’s power is in question again? Lol. I love when fighters lose and instantly become worthless on the internet.

Im embarrassed to be labeled a fight fan with some people.

Back