Did Khabib deserve a loss vs Gleison Tibau?

Throwing strikes and attempting shots are considered aggression (possibly octogon control) and can be scored.

What does evading shots and defending TD get scored under?

Ya, I see your point..but, while aggression should count, I don't think it should count alot...a guy attacking the whole round, while the other guy defends, yes, that guy attacking should win that round...I agree...

28-25 tibau on fm

SIGNIFICANT STRIKES = 10-8, 9-9. 9-8 = draw
khabib attempted slightly more
tibau got 1 takedown

fan scoring has it a draw at the moment

I never watched the fight at the time. Just watched it now. Khabib definately won. Either 30-27 or 29-28 ( the second round could have gone either way). It was a pretty boring fight.

I Don't like Khabib. But he clearly won the fight.

The Thibau [sad] Affair:

3 Rounds, 15 mns...4mn48 of pure Wall&Stall...
7 Wall&Stall situations, but only 2 Yamazaki´s interferences...
ONE complete Round lost, sadly... Nobody won that fight, tbh...

Khabib didn't lose that fight but he deserved the loss.

Everyone should know at this point how present day scoring works.

Damage is the most important factor ...but it is disregarded when a) the numbers and quality of the strikes are neck and neck b) large portions of the fight are a slow fence grind AND one fighter clearly owns the control/aggression metric

In this case, the strike differential was negligible (28/25), so the fight was decided on control and aggression, which was CLEARLY Khabib’s. The end.

Khabib did more visible damage, was the aggressor, and had more control time. I gave Tibau one round that's it. You could argue a draw but I think Khabib edged it

Outstruck. Outwrestled. Outworked.
Before Conor haters hitched their wagon to Khabib everyone knew and acknowledged Khabib lost that fight and anyone suggesting otherwise was subject to ridicule. There's not a single person who now thinks Khabib won that fight that isn't a Conor hater.

Outstruck. Outwrestled. Outworked.
Before Conor haters hitched their wagon to Khabib everyone knew and acknowledged Khabib lost that fight and anyone suggesting otherwise was subject to ridicule. There's not a single person who now thinks Khabib won that fight that isn't a Conor hater.

I'm a big Conor fan and Hate Khabib. But Khabib definately won the fight.

Last edited:
Yes he deserved to lose and I hope he goes to hell
GlossyNeatKagu-size_restricted.gif

Khabib lost that fight. Got stuffed 13 freaking times and did fuvkall but wall and stall.

Judging based on effective striking, grappling, aggression and octagon control. There was no effective striking or grappling, the aggression and octagon control was all Khabib though. I guess that’s just what it came down to. Plus rogans commentary was bad and made everyone believe Khabib was losing. It’s whtever. Tibao on that EPO game anyway.
I dunno how anyone can argue he had control when he tried to take the fight to the ground all night long and Tibau "controlled" him from doing so. Control goes to Tibau. Effective aggression is only a criteria when its effective. Khabib did nothing effective based on his aggression. He lost IMO, but it was close.

I dunno how anyone can argue he had control when he tried to take the fight to the ground all night long and Tibau "controlled" him from doing so. Control goes to Tibau. Effective aggression is only a criteria when its effective. Khabib did nothing effective based on his aggression. He lost IMO, but it was close.

Judges see control as whoever is pressing forward, just how it is

And I disagree. Some fighters who are backing up are in complete control. Its their strategy and what makes them effective.

Yeah that’s just how it is though dude, if nothing is happening in a fight except for someone pressing forward and someone backing up they will give it to the pressure fighter. Joes commentary was really biased too though, swayed a lot of opinions. All tibaou did the whole fight was defend takedowns against the fence iirc.

Back