Did Khabib deserve a loss vs Gleison Tibau?

This shit again? Give it a rest boy. Pretty sure I've seen this thread a million times by now over the years. You're acting as if he wouldn't be champ if he had a loss on his record, especially one from when he was 23 years old.
tumblr_oq9oanVq2e1uu949jo3_500.gif

Failed attacks are scored higher than thwarted takedown attempts. Defense doesn't/shouldn't score any points.

If a guy shoots 100 times and the other guy defends 100 times the guy defending doesn't get the win. He didn't do anything offensively just reacted to what his opponent did. His opponent dictated everything that happened in the fight.
Defending a takedown is control and fighting is 100% about control. Boxing has a better and more realistic approach to scoring in this regard.

Edit: I should say though that it also depends on what happens after the takedown is stuffed. Maybe the defender successfully avoids being taken down but is pushed and held against the cage. The attacker is successfully controlling the fight in this situation unless the defender can fully escape or reverse the situation. just my opinion.

Last edited:
Haha you realize you are insulting sherdog itsself? No wonder why you are called a tapmachine, you admit to being a tapping type guy.
Huh? Did I miss something? Are shertard shitposters somehow above criticism insult? Or maybe Sherdog """MMA analysts""" are somehow unbiased and objective? Lmao.

The fact that you imply Sherdog in all of its manifestations starting with the writers and ending with the shitposters should be above criticism and insult is mind boggling.

Failed attacks are scored higher than thwarted takedown attempts. Defense doesn't/shouldn't score any points.

If a guy shoots 100 times and the other guy defends 100 times the guy defending doesn't get the win. He didn't do anything offensively just reacted to what his opponent did. His opponent dictated everything that happened in the fight.

Defence is actually one of the official scoring criterias in boxing. Are you sure it isn't part of the criteria in MMA scoring?

Defence doesn't (and shouldn't) score as highly as effective aggression and clean punches landed, that goes without saying, but it's absolutely part of the scoring criteria and one of the reasons why Floyd often gets given close rounds, especially rounds where not much happens.

Judges value the skill of avoiding offence, rather than landing and failing. If a guy keeps trying to land, and doesn't, he is failing to do what he set out to do. If the other guy is successfully evading and negating the offence, he is more successful and in control.

gleison defended well but its ultimate fighting not ultimate defending

only time defending really counts for anything is when someone wraps their leg around your shin when you block a kick

Let's close the thread with a good reminder for Conor's fans:
tenor.gif

THIS is what really matters.

not sure I agree with that....if a guy throws 5 punches at floyd mayweather and he slip all the punches; you're saying the guy throwing the punches deserves more credit or points for simply throwing the punches...I don't agree...It takes more skill to dodge and slip those punches than to simply throw them..anyone can throw a punch, but it takes skill to slip it or dodge it.

At the very least, neither should get more points than the other...if you throw a strike or go for a takedown, that alone shouldn't score you any points, unless it lands...unless you get the guy down or land that strike, no points should be given...attempts shouldn't be given points.
Throwing strikes and attempting shots are considered aggression (possibly octogon control) and can be scored.

What does evading shots and defending TD get scored under?

Khabib won against a Tibau that was juiced to the gills. End of story

He'll always have an asterick next to his name for this.

I guess you guys think Diego Sanchez actually beat Pearson, Gomi, and Kampmann too...

<36>
Nah, it could go either way, as none of the judges agreed in Diego vs Pearson (including 30-27 both directions), and only one judge gave Gomi the first round.
All the judges agreed that Khabib won every round.

Nah, it could go either way, as none of the judges agreed in Diego vs Pearson (including 30-27 both directions), and only one judge gave Gomi the first round.
All the judges agreed that Khabib won every round.
So 1 or 2 judges out 3 can be wrong, but not all 3.

Solid logic.

Khabib was the agressor most of the fight

Judging based on effective striking, grappling, aggression and octagon control. There was no effective striking or grappling, the aggression and octagon control was all Khabib though. I guess that’s just what it came down to. Plus rogans commentary was bad and made everyone believe Khabib was losing. It’s whtever. Tibao on that EPO game anyway.

So 1 or 2 judges out 3 can be wrong, but not all 3.

Solid logic.
It's almost like you've never heard of the concepts of probability or gray area.

1 being wrong for one round, sure, it happens all the time.
2 being wrong for one round, it happens often.
3 being wrong for one round, rarely have I seen this.
3 being wrong for all three rounds, in the same direction... I have never seen this happen at this level, and the probability of it happening is below what I would even waste my time calculating.

Defense doesn't matter in MMA scoring officially, so there's that.

This is like a safe heaven for Khabib haters, rejoice and prosper. In a fight he clearly won....if you actually watch the fight, but most people never seen it and just rehash the same regurgitated crap over and over again. Let them have this one, cause soon more of their fantasies are going to be shattered.

Back