Did Jones whisper to Gus at the end of the 5th round " There aint gonna be no rematch

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
ala Rocky.

My inner nerd hopes something like this happened. Gus got robbed 48-47.

Gus wins the next two vs Jones

tell that to machida

jones.jpg

-Nah, he didn't whisper those words. They talked after the fight though.

-Too close to be a robbery.

-There will probably be a rematch.

I'm confident there will be a rematch because that's the biggest money fight at LHW. And you can always trust uncle Dana to aim for the dough.

Thanks for starting another super original thread! Haven't heard anything about this fight yet.

Well they seem to be getting on well enough that would tell me there was no smack talk going on.

I watched the end when they are talking a bunch of times and it's hard to tell exactly since Goldy is droning on about something stupid but it sounds like Jones says 'we'll do it again' and Gus smiles and nods. Then they both bow to each other.

-Nah, he didn't whisper those words. They talked after the fight though.

-Too close to be a robbery.

-There will probably be a rematch.

What was close about it? Jones lost Round 1. Round 2. Round 3. All 10-9.

Jones won Round 4. Round 5...Jones

10+10+9+9+9=
/drum roll

47 points for Jon Jones

10+10+10+9+9=

48 for the Swedish guy...

So 48 to 47....ya maybe it was close. So was that baseball game a few days ago that went 8 hours and some team won by 1. If the team that scored ONE MORE POINT that the team that scored ONE LESS POINT, and they gave the team that scored less the win...well ya, thats all I have to say.

Watch the fight.
THE
ONLY
THING
CLOSE
ABOUT
THIS
FIGHT
WAS
GUS
WON
ROUNDS
TO

Last I checked, 3 is close to 2, but it is losing. He lost 60% or more of the fight.

JONES DID NOT WIN THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS. You people that are saying that, what happened in round 2 that makes you think Jones won? Jones got his takedowns stuffed, yet he was taken down twice? Jones landed a few superficial kicks to the body and legs? Jones got REPEATEDLY punched in the face by flurry after flurry, combo after combo. He did NOTHING except take a few less than round 3...

In the words of the immortal Greg Savage, will all you Jones nuthugging fanboys just "stop"

Back