Did Jones study Judo and just didn't tell anybody?

Kickwrestler

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
He has extremely unusual strength from very awkward angles. Im convinced he could have a pegleg and an eye patch and be smashed off of rum and mead and still probably toss most LHWs.

Yeah hes got huge genetic advantages, but out-muscling people the way he does and pulling them off balance like that is definitely talent and practice.

He's like a male LHW Ronda Rousey (dead serious).

Chime in??

He had a circular sasae tsuri komi ashi at the end of the one round.

Others have noticed it too and he's even mentioned in a couple of interviews that he's borrowed a bit from Judo. I wish I had a link for you but I'm busy with the press conference. You can probably find it some stuff, though.

Greg Jackson fighters have ALWAYS been familiar with Judo.

He was a greco roman wrestler which is all upper body

Chime in??

Jones a male Ronda Rousey? I need a bucket of can't evens for me. White and yellow belt Sherdoggers. Gotta love em.

Look see do
I figure its more then that, maybe.

yeah i think i agree (about Greg Jackson) the gym he goes to must have the resources to maximize his combo of body type and grappling style... Especially considering how many of his training partners have the same exact body types as the majority of his opponents.

He has extremely unusual strength from very awkward angles. Im convinced he could have a pegleg and an eye patch and be smashed off of rum and mead and still probably toss most LHWs.

Yeah hes got huge genetic advantages, but out-muscling people the way he does and pulling them off balance like that is definitely talent and practice.

Chime in??
Well, almost every fighter has said the same thing about him. He's deceptively strong and a big part of that is how he uses his reach and leverage to manipulate opponents off balance.

Watch some of his early fights. He does some nice judo throws.

What I like about Jacksons is that they are very open minded and borrow from every martial art. They don't have that elitism condescending and narrow minded view a lot of fighters have that wrestling and muay thai is all you need.

Jones a male Ronda Rousey? I need a bucket of can't evens for me. White and yellow belt Sherdoggers. Gotta love em.

Are you upset Ronda is being compared to Jon or Jon is being compared to Ronda?

Back