Did Jon Win?

There is no winning for Jon Jones. If he is humble and respects his oppents people call him fake, if he speaks his mind people call him an asshole. There is no sense in trying to win over fans. Fans love to hate him so if UFC can market fighters as the "one" to beat him they will be buying the ppv with false hopes of seeing him lose. So yes he wins.

It's pretty obvious white folk don't like tall good looking black men invading their little white and brown wonderland of a sport. Same thing would happen if there were to ever be a black dominant NHL player

I wish i could delete retarded posts from ignorant fools.
SMH at your stupidity, bringing race to this discussion.

Look at great legends we have in this sport! Many are of color and liked!
Look at the greatest Boxing fighters (closes sport to MMA)! Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, etc... see a pattern?

To claim people hate on Jon because he is black is to be dumb, blind and stupid!
Besides being the real racist, since you think everything boils down to race!

Most people could not care less to his color. They hate him for his attitude.
If you can't see that, then you lack the brain matter to discuss any topic. let alone one that requires one to think!

Well I think its was a horrible fight.
What I thought of the fight? Once again everyone fell for the UFC hype on Cormier as they do every single time they need to sell a fight? What made Cormier so special?? He fought a few heavyweights? But was any of those fighters at a top level? Barnett maybe was at one stage? Then he comes down and fights an over the hill 20 pounds lighter hendo, and some guy with 1 week notice. Yet we believe it.. because they keep telling us its most bitter and highly anticipated rivalry and if you were to build a fighter to take on Jon Jones it would be Cormier. But when you look at it objectively, that hype wasn't and rarely is justified.

Both Jon and Cormier looked Horrible in that fight. They both gassed early, and here are my points of view.

1) jones got tagged very easily by a sloppy striker coming forward with no fakes, head movement or anything but lobbing punches and he connected decently.

2) Cormier kept walking forward but offer little in volume, but surprisingly still tagged jones relatively easily.

3) Cormier seemed like a Upgraded version of texiera on the night.

4) Jones was really unimpressive, looked slow, and plodding and did well to grind out a decision, but once again shows when not fighting middleweights or over the hill fighters, he struggles.

overall one of the worst main cards, everyone was boring, conservative and was fighting just to barely win.

He should just embrace being the bad guy like Floyd Maywheather--good for business. Seems like that's what he's doing. It's annoying to see someone wreck a car drunk and threaten to kill someone, all the while quoting bible verses--just be the bad guy and be done with it.

This (good) thread isn't about Cormier. What is your point, if any?

Jones cared more about beating down a guy who wanted to 'end his career' than he cared about getting 'fans'. Pretty simple, imo.

I wish i could delete retarded posts from ignorant fools.
SMH at your stupidity, bringing race to this discussion.

Look at great legends we have in this sport! Many are of color and liked!
Look at the greatest Boxing fighters (closes sport to MMA)! Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, etc... see a pattern?

To claim people hate on Jon because he is black is to be dumb, blind and stupid!
Besides being the real racist, since you think everything boils down to race!

Most people could not care less to his color. They hate him for his attitude.
If you can't see that, then you lack the brain matter to discuss any topic. let alone one that requires one to think!

People hated Sugar Ray and Ali at the time wtf are you talking about? It would be "couldn't " care less btw.

He is embracing his true personality. He's not the 'nice guy' GSP. He's the young, cocky, extremely skilled a-hole. And I for one will respect him more if he stops pretending to be someone he's not.

This right here. We know who Jon Jones is and he should just be that guy. I love watching him fight and win and would like him even more if he just said fuck you, I'm better than everyone else. No one hated Ali for bragging and making fun of his opponents.

People hated Sugar Ray and Ali at the time wtf are you talking about? It would be "couldn't " care less btw.

you understand that "could not" = "couldn't" , right???

And yes, Ali had haters. But not because of his color.
Again, if you can't see it, the issue are in you (racist) eyes!

Last edited:
IMO he should had won that war long ago. Can't hate someone this good in a cage.

Fans would still hate Jones even if he had the opposite version of his personality. Then he would be considered "boring" and having no personality.

like Cain - people who say that are LCDs though - who doesnt like a classy champ - Jones backs up his arrogance which is also acceptable

This right here. We know who Jon Jones is and he should just be that guy. I love watching him fight and win and would like him even more if he just said fuck you, I'm better than everyone else. No one hated Ali for bragging and making fun of his opponents.

Well, I'd rather him not be another Ronda. I'd rather him being more like...DC. (but that's personal preference)

DC was as confident as Jon was (though Jon proved him wrong).
But DC, while offending Jon also, he was more genuine than Jon ever was throughout both the buildup and after the fight.

DC never stopped saying the good points from Jon, even calling him P4P king. Jon on the other hand refused to acknowledge DC had any merits at all.

I am not saying I love DC personality. As I said in the first post, to each their own and I don't see much of a problem of being the way Jon (or DC) are.
But if Jon wants to be loved (and this is the reason behind his fake persona), he needs to be like this all the time, not only in front of the cameras.

because I bet Machida or GSP get mad also. But they can hold back the urge to respond.
Jon showed time and again he can't.

Last edited:
Back