Did Jake Paul revive boxing serious discussion.

personally i think both brothers are a bunch of a morons who talk a lot of shit on social media and web to get recognized.

like conor they learned that shit talking your way and using the web to market yourself can work.

Neither brother has done anything to revive boxing as both brothers are less than amateur, and in my opinion quite shitty. Let's be real here, Jake Paul fought an ex nba player, ya give yourself a pat on the back because you boxed a basketball player that has zero combat experience, in other words I'm not impressed with Jake or his boxing, I think he sucks to be quite honest.

Unfortunately boxing has not been that good for a long time, they don't have any good stars that fans are rooting for, it's not like the Ali, Tyson, Pac, Mayweather days....boxing doesn't seem as exciting as it once was.

The only thing that ignited boxing temporarily was when conor fought mayweather, basically super fights like tyson vs jones (which was a joke but could've been great had this been done years ago during a live ppv event). Or professional boxer vs some other puppet that does not professionally box but is a big name and large fanbase that would generate lots of money. In terms of actual boxers who are a draw or many people are talking about it's simply just not like that anymore.

I can never remember the poster who said it, but a great quote on the topic is:

"People will continue to say boxing is dying until one day they die, and boxing lives on."
Great thread. It's a shame it's gone.

I guess we'd have to do actual data analysis done but on a purely anecdotal level I can say I know one of my friends (whose very into football and likes basketball to a lesser degree) expressed interest in watching him get beat up and said that he'd pay for the PPV. This isn't the first time he's watched a big fight (he watched Lopez/Loma) or a big MMA PPV (he and his friends chucked in for a few PPVs) but I guess it does have some resonance with the public, and he specifically said he thought it would spread it to the younger gens.

I know this will get a lot of hate from old time boxing fans I am one of them but I keep hearing on the boards that Jake Paul was the surprise in boxing this year from serious boxing professionals. I really believe they feel he has such a huge base and would not cost 100 million to get him another fight. They look at him likely more as a side show but still would generate tons of interest in the whole card. I don't consider him a serious boxer per say but his largely debut on Mike Tyson under-card shows he has some kind of boxing background. I hear from boxing groups from Mexico, England and other areas that where impressed by his boxing. These are not Jake Paul fans "like there is such a thing?" but serious boxers and analysts with decent backgrounds. I can hear it now who actually saying this: where are you getting this from?

Here is another interesting take.

Quick answer: There’s no doubt about it

I can never remember the poster who said it, but a great quote on the topic is:

"People will continue to say boxing is dying until one day they die, and boxing lives on."
Somebody rocks that as a sig. I can't remember who, but they used to (or do) post a lot here. Might be a regular who just ended up removing or changing it, I don't remember.

Back