Did Jake Paul revive boxing serious discussion.

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
I know this will get a lot of hate from old time boxing fans I am one of them but I keep hearing on the boards that Jake Paul was the surprise in boxing this year from serious boxing professionals. I really believe they feel he has such a huge base and would not cost 100 million to get him another fight. They look at him likely more as a side show but still would generate tons of interest in the whole card. I don't consider him a serious boxer per say but his largely debut on Mike Tyson under-card shows he has some kind of boxing background. I hear from boxing groups from Mexico, England and other areas that where impressed by his boxing. These are not Jake Paul fans "like there is such a thing?" but serious boxers and analysts with decent backgrounds. I can hear it now who actually saying this: where are you getting this from?

Here is another interesting take.

Last edited:
Now they've targeted Thor o_O... one of them has called out Hemsworth.

He's not actually too bad. I expected him to look typically muscle bound but he's moderately fluid. He does have some issues keeping his hands up which could be bad habit but it's also typical of guys who put on too much muscle for boxing, (too much internal rotation of the shoulders due to over developed chest and lats). Plus he has some decent leg flexibility.

Yeah Jake apparently.
Poor bloke does a bit of conditioning and boxing training probably for a film role and these youtube wankers want to fight him haha.

They just want to fight anyone who's famous who'll bring in a bit of money!! Other youtubers, NBA players, Film stars.....maybe he should call out Sonny Bill Williams - Rugby league/Rugby Union player pretty big sporting name in Aus. Oh and ex pro boxer ha

Yeah Jake apparently.
Poor bloke does a bit of conditioning and boxing training probably for a film role and these youtube wankers want to fight him haha.

They just want to fight anyone who's famous who'll bring in a bit of money!! Other youtubers, NBA players, Film stars.....maybe he should call out Sonny Bill Williams - Rugby league/Rugby Union player pretty big sporting name in Aus. Oh and ex pro boxer ha
Because no one knows who that is in America

I think Jake won’t hurt boxing as much as Mayweather did fighting McGregor. Jake’s fans have no interest in combat sports like Conor’s did. They thought he had a legit shot of winning because he blasted out incompetent mma guys.

Floyd tried to make a show of it and was on autopilot most of the time. McGregor fans probably thought this guy, who’s supposed to be the best boxer in the world, lost some of the early rounds and couldn’t even put Conor away until he was exhausted late. Crap like that isn’t going to draw flies.

He draws a younger group of little dicks to the sport, Promoters and cable providers will see it as exposure, considering him and his brother have been put in regular boxing cards except for Tyson/Jones which was another exhibition, it’s the perfect chance to introduce prospects in hopes of delivering exciting knockouts and grabbing the interest of this younger tube crowed. It’s possible, the more ktfo fights they see the more they’re bound to come back. It may sound ridiculous but Some fighters may benefit from them as well, when you have the looks and carry that cringy social media image that say.. Ryan Garcia offers that’s also part of the groups of people you attract, and Ryan is cool with Logan. Not that he owes Logan for his popularity at all. With that said it only makes sense to fucking send the Paul brothers and the whole fucking youtube platform to hang out with Crawford! <45>

“Sign the Porter fight Crawford” :mad:

I think Jake won’t hurt boxing as much as Mayweather did fighting McGregor. Jake’s fans have no interest in combat sports like Conor’s did. They thought he had a legit shot of winning because he blasted out incompetent mma guys.

Floyd tried to make a show of it and was on autopilot most of the time. McGregor fans probably thought this guy, who’s supposed to be the best boxer in the world, lost some of the early rounds and couldn’t even put Conor away until he was exhausted late. Crap like that isn’t going to draw flies.

If you can get past the irritation of people who don't know anything about boxing having strong opinions on things they know nothing about, both the Mayweather/McGregor fight and the celebrity boxing phenomenon are ultimately good for the sport.

Back