Did Jack Hermansson back himself into a corner?

That was the whole point of my thread though! Should Jack just have waited? Kelvin would have been ready a month later..

I don't think fight has been made official yet so maybe that scrap still goes down.
Jack could still become the no1 contender given the right circumstances.
If he beats Cannonier he'd have 5 straight wins which would be enough to bypass Kelvin, who's coming off a loss and is 2-2 in his last 4.

Jack could become the no1 contender if Whittaker retains the belt and Romero beats Costa, cause they wouldn't be inclined to do Romero vs Whittaker over one more time just yet.

But on thet other hand - if Israel gets the belt, then Romero would surely get first crack at the title with a win over Costa.

Costa could also jump ahead of Jack with a win over Romero. But hey, that might happen even if Jack had beaten Kelvin.

Last edited:
He's my favorite MW at the moment. What's not to like?

Nothing not to like. Just an obscure choice given the 600 guys on the UFC roster.
At middleweight I put him behind Knuckles, Izzy, Romero, Kelvin, and maybe even Costa.

Nothing not to like. Just an obscure choice given the 600 guys on the UFC roster.
At middleweight I put him behind Knuckles, Izzy, Romero, Kelvin, and maybe even Costa.

In preference? or do you mean you think all of those guys beat him?

In preference? or do you mean you think all of those guys beat him?
Both. Although I think the Joker is competitive with Gastelum and Costa, maybe even Romero at this point.
Again, no problem with Hermansson. Just find him an off choice to be labeled "favorite" anything, unless you're from Scandinavia. and even then ...

Both. Although I think the Joker is competitive with Gastelum and Costa, maybe even Romero at this point.
Again, no problem with Hermansson. Just find him an off choice to be labeled "favorite" anything, unless you're from Scandinavia. and even then ...

I like him. It's rare to find middleweights as well rounded and with as much output as him.

Jack could still become the no1 contender given the right circumstances.
If he beats Cannonier he'd have 5 straight wins which would be enough to bypass Kelvin, who's coming off a loss and is 2-2 in his last 4.

Jack could become the no1 contender if Whittaker retains the belt and Romero beats Costa, cause they wouldn't be inclined to do Romero vs Whittaker over one more time just yet.

But on thet other hand - if Israel gets the belt, then Romero would surely get first crack at the title with a win over Costa.

Costa could also jump ahead of Jack with a win over Romero. But hey, that might happen even if Jack had beaten Kelvin.

This just convinces me even more he should hold out for Gastelum, who cares where the card is! He'll get another chance to fight over there again someday. It isway too dicey as to who will get the next shot.

I think Jack vs Kelvin was the most solid chance for a number one contender bout.

Hermansson is right there, if he wins impressively against Cannonier, I'd match him up against Kelvin.

I think it's a great matchup and makes perfect sense.

>Big Step back

The dude beat a couple of 40 year olds on their way out and now he’s the next “world beater” too good for guys like Cannonier.

I think people are just SHOOK that Cannonier is a dangerous match up for Hermansson and is going to EXPOSE him before his 15 minutes of fame are up.

<seedat>
Agreed jack hermannson was always overrated.

Hey goofball, nobody is saying Cannonier is a world beater or more accomplished than Hermansson. YOU are the one essentially saying Hermansson is “too good” and deserves better.

The UFC matchmaking got this one right. We don’t have enough of either fighter yet to declare them contenders other than their wins over spoon fed wash ups which is WHY they are being matched up.

Where we differ in opinion is that I think Cannonier is going to CANNON Hermanssons chin off and EXPOSE him on a catered Euro Card.

<Kobe213>

@BEATDOWNS

Mystic @BRASIL WAND strikes again!

1143152223.jpg.0.jpg

I am the goofball? you shit on Jacks last two wins but one of Jared's is the same guy in Branch. You played yourself homie..

Jack on a four fight win streak and Jared is on a one and a half fight win streak.

You can't spell Cannonier without the word "Can" in it.

Jack by GNP all day baby!
{<jordan}

I felt the same thing when they booked the fight, he was just too happy to be headlining a card at home and valued that over fighting someone who would get him a title shot. Even if he had won today they probably would've made him fight Costa or the winner of Till/Gastelum anyway for #1 contender, so this didn't do much for him either way, and he lost the gamble.

Back