Rumored Did Israel’s stock drop slightly after this weekend?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not to take this too literal or seriously, but Israel went life and death with Kelvin Gas. He pulled away in the 5th and leaving with damage on his face.

Darren Till effectively shut Kelvin down with his length.

And then you got Edmen Shahbazyan who melts Brad Tavares in the 1st round while Izzy went the full 5 rounds with the Hawaiian.

A lil bit of MMAth, but thoughts?

giphy.gif

Depending on how highly you thought of him..
If you were one of the Israel vs Jones types then yes

Last edited:
No. Sometimes fighters have off nights.

lol nah

You put Till vs Israel and I bet Israel wins rather easily.

No
Kelvin showed up in the Israel fight
He didn't show up last Sat

Gastelum stock dropped. Dudes overrated fatty.

These comparisons really aren't helpful in determining how good fighter A and fighter B are. When the Izzy KG fight happend, I thought he might not be good enough for Rob, yet he completely outclassed him on that night. I think we should focus on what Adesanya has done in his fights in order to assess how he does, not how others have done versus his opponents. Every fighter has different tools and results vary and fighters develop. You think Vettori is going to give Adesanya any trouble if they were to rematch now for example?

Fights differ and there are so many variables going into it, that it doesn't provide a great base for comparison in the first place. Whether a fighter had a good or bad camp, injuries, wasn't mentally in it, etc can impact a fight in a big way and most of these things we never find out.

Styles makes fights. Till barely engaged with Kelvin while Israel was way more aggressive. Also, Kelvin seemed a lot more hesitant in the Till fight.

Till is patient and plays almost a version of what Wonderboy does for a gameplan

Once he got to the elites, he's become more of a points fighter for better or worse....mixed results so far certainly

5 weeks ago, everyone rated Whittaker as the defending world champ, and Kelvin a top 5 MW. So no, I won't diminish Izzy and his war with Kelvin now that Till edged him in a lackluster loss. These dudes are all very resilient when looking at their respective careers, and when they intersected in head up bouts. They're all very capable when they're on.

Nope. Put Gastelum against Whittaker. If he gets smashed by Robert then we can start playing some MMA math.

Nope. Put Gastelum against Whittaker. If he gets smashed by Robert then we can start playing some MMA math.
This. Till Cannonier, Gas Whit, Izzy Yoel. Let's see how crazy shit can get.

I don't know about Adesanya's stock dropping, but Shahbazyan's destruction of Tavares was insanely impressive. Tavares is tough as nails.

I've seen Edmen hitting pads, and let me tell you he hits as fast and hard as a pro boxer. If you notice most of his opponents get surprised when he connects with a good shot. With that said Izzy would pick him apart at this stage, the kid is like 22.

Kelvin didn't even make weight and didn't have an answer to Till circling away from his power hand.

I don't think that Kelvin took Till seriously at all.

But it was still a great rebound for Till. Don't mean to disparage him.

Not to take this too literal or seriously, but Israel went life and death with Kelvin Gas. He pulled away in the 5th and leaving with damage on his face.

And then you got Edmen Shahbazyan who melts Brad Tavares in the 1st round while Izzy went the full 5 rounds with the Hawaiian.

On this logic (MMA math), Adesanya and Till couldn't finish Gas, but Weidman did. Imagine what Weidman would do to Till and Adesanya?

Did Jon Jones stock go down when he won by decision against OSP, and then OSP went and got KOd by Manuwa in his next fight?

Kelvin might not have had enough time off after the fight with Izzy. That was a war and he got beat up pretty bad at the end. I think he came back to quick. He might have lost vs Till but it isn't like Till did that much in there. Till was on his bicycle most of the fight.

Back