Did Hendo ever train with DC at the OTC?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is a question for Dirty Holt, but anybody with knowledge feel free to chime in. I know that Dan is several years older than Cormier, but did these guys ever wrestle at the OTC? And if they did, would you be willing to share some stories?

I'll understand if you respond with "what happens in the wrestling room stays in the wrestling room" Do Greco guys ever wrestle with the freestyle guys at the OTC? and lastly how good was Cormier's "pure" wrestling compared to say a Yoel Romero thanks.

This is a question for Dirty Holt, but anybody with knowledge feel free to chime in. I know that Dan is several years older than Cormier, but did these guys ever wrestle at the OTC? And if they did, would you be willing to share some stories?

I'll understand if you respond with "what happens in the wrestling room stays in the wrestling room" Do Greco guys ever wrestle with the freestyle guys at the OTC? and lastly how good was Cormier's "pure" wrestling compared to say a Yoel Romero thanks.

No. Hendo was gone before I was there. DC only came in for camps. When he was there though, I always watched practices because they would make him go with guys like Lawal, Sanderson, and Mocco, which were like dream match ups that no one could see minus the 4 people who decided to wake up Saturday morning and go to practice.

Back in those days, Kevin Jackson was the FS head coach and they never trained with greco. Its different now. They realize our par terre is much better than theirs. Those are always fun practices because you get to go with these elite level freestyle guys that everyone is jocking their nuts and beat the shit out of them for the most part.

Cormiers pure wrestling was pretty cool to watch. He had no fear about going hard against the best in the world, thats for sure. I was at the practice that he was referring to about Cummins making him cry, but I left way before that because I mainly watch the small guys wrestle. I never knew anything about it until the fight.

Thos whole "unwritten" rule about the wrestling room is kind of bogus. There is no rule. If you start talking shit about a guy in training, its bad because its a just training, its a dick thing to do, and guys will start trying to seriously fuck you up in practice if you start talking and treating it like match competition. This is how 50% of the fights start in the wrestling room.

No. Hendo was gone before I was there. DC only came in for camps. When he was there though, I always watched practices because they would make him go with guys like Lawal, Sanderson, and Mocco, which were like dream match ups that no one could see minus the 4 people who decided to wake up Saturday morning and go to practice.

Back in those days, Kevin Jackson was the FS head coach and they never trained with greco. Its different now. They realize our par terre is much better than theirs. Those are always fun practices because you get to go with these elite level freestyle guys that everyone is jocking their nuts and beat the shit out of them for the most part.

Cormiers pure wrestling was pretty cool to watch. He had no fear about going hard against the best in the world, thats for sure. I was at the practice that he was referring to about Cummins making him cry, but I left way before that because I mainly watch the small guys wrestle. I never knew anything about it until the fight.

Thos whole "unwritten" rule about the wrestling room is kind of bogus. There is no rule. If you start talking shit about a guy in training, its bad because its a just training, its a dick thing to do, and guys will start trying to seriously fuck you up in practice if you start talking and treating it like match competition. This is how 50% of the fights start in the wrestling room.

Thanks dude, I always enjoy reading your posts and opinions in this forum.

Holt, what's your opinion on using the gut wrench to take someone's back when rolling? I always get people over but I'm usually to low on their torso to get hooks in I was thinking maybe it could work as a "chest wrench" arms around their chest near armpits please advise?

Holt, what's your opinion on using the gut wrench to take someone's back when rolling? I always get people over but I'm usually to low on their torso to get hooks in I was thinking maybe it could work as a "chest wrench" arms around their chest near armpits please advise?

Never tried it. Once I have secured back with a lock around them, rolling them all the way through has never occurred to me, probably because it wouldnt work.

I will say this: I have a workout partner who has never wrestled that can absolutely fuck my Z guard up with a leg lace. The first time he did it I about broke my neck because I didnt expect him to take me the way he did. I know its coming now and it still will blow it up and force me to scramble my ass off.

Back