Did Glover make Santos look like a White Belt?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Santos did nothing when he was in bottom position.

I was waiting for Nate Diaz to tweet "White Belt" all over again.

Santos hates being on the ground, he has even said as much. I know he's got a black belt, but he doesn't like being there. Not in the same class as a guy like Glover on the ground, his top game is just insane.

It's that "Brazilian" jiu-jitsu

I'm not very familiar with Thiago's ground game. Does anyone believe that his recent knee surgeries were a factor in his ability to be effective off his back?

Don’t love to say it, but Cruz was spot on

Thiago totally accepted every single thing Glover tried to do and didn’t even try to defend until Glover got mount. Outside of mount, Thiago was comfortable just straight up chillin. No pushing off with his feet, no turning his hips, no shrimping.

This is white belt level stuff. Thiago should have a serious athletic advantage over Glover and be able to find an opening to escape.

If not else, after giving up almost 9 minutes of control in 10 minutes, when you drop him in the third, don’t jump into his fucking guard. I find myself more disappointed in Thiago than I do impressed with Glover.

That’s just how i saw it

Santos has been submitted by Eric Spicely
It's not a a strong suit

But like Rumble, he has enough power to finish practically everyone

Almost any other LHW gets finished by those Santos shots in round 1

The vast majority of UFC fighters have poor defensive grappling, let alone offensive grappling. The UFC is a C-level kickboxing league, although at this pace it might become a professional-looking version of Worldstar in the future.

Not a lot of guys that can hang with Glover on the ground. He's only been beat twice there, once was from an elite wrestler (Davis), the other was the LHW version of Fitch (Corey).

Don’t love to say it, but Cruz was spot on

Thiago totally accepted every single thing Glover tried to do and didn’t even try to defend until Glover got mount. Outside of mount, Thiago was comfortable just straight up chillin. No pushing off with his feet, no turning his hips, no shrimping.

This is white belt level stuff. Thiago should have a serious athletic advantage over Glover and be able to find an opening to escape.

If not else, after giving up almost 9 minutes of control in 10 minutes, when you drop him in the third, don’t jump into his fucking guard. I find myself more disappointed in Thiago than I do impressed with Glover.

That’s just how i saw it
Spot on analysis. Not discrediting Glover, but Santos TDD and Jiu Jitsu on his back looked terrible

To be fair, there's not many people at 205 or below that Glover WON'T make look like a White Belt, he's strong as FUCK on top, and has elite level control and positioning. It's pretty much GG's for anyone he takes down and gets on top unless they equal him in Strength and Skill.

Santos did nothing when he was in bottom position.

I was waiting for Nate Diaz to tweet "White Belt" all over again.

Santos tried a few times when he was on the bottom but at the end of the day couldn't do anything. So yeah, he was overpowered on the ground. Truly amazing at this age Glover is still really good on the ground. Most of his work has been the ability to ko/tko dudes with a mix of subs, and still at his age is finishing guys.

Santos has been submitted by Eric Spicely
It's not a a strong suit

But like Rumble, he has enough power to finish practically everyone

Almost any other LHW gets finished by those Santos shots in round 1
The funny thing is that Spicely got choked out by "Smilin'" Sam Alvey just a few months before he choked out Santos. Kinda puts things in perspective. ;)

Back