Did fight with Siver work?

ArtOfDrowning

Lecter Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After the fight I see a lot of people/media talking about Siver as world class and how great Conor performed. These same people were very certain before the fight that Siver had no chance and that Conor will run right trough him, me included. Predicting first round KO or under 2 minute finish.

While I still keep the perspective that it was a gimme fight seems like a lot of people forgot about that and for some reason they are acting like Siver was a treat. Like win over Siver answers all questions about Conor, indicated how fight with Aldo will go and justified his title shot.

Is UFC hype machine that good? Did this gimme fight really worked that well? Giving Conor fight with minimum risk but huge reward?

Last edited:
For stupid fans that believe anything Dana and Joe say, yes it worked.

For people that can actually think for themselves it didn't, as we all knew that Siver has no chance against Conor.

Do you go to English as a 2nd language classes? If not, you might want to consider it.

Well they wanted to give McGregor a title fight, that's not in doubt. Every McGregor fight, Lorenzo is sitting cageside with a big grin on his face, they like McGregor because he's good for business.

To a certain extent, this was a vanity fight for them and a showcase fight for Conor. Dana White seemed to like the idea of having this whole Irish-themed thing in his hometown of Boston and McGregor fitted it perfectly. They probably made a hell of a lot of money out of it and the numbers have shown it was a huge success.

As far as strengthening his title claim, McGregor did himself no harm. He ran through Siver without even getting out of third gear. He mightn't have convinced the whole world that he's a worthy title contender but if anyone before the fight thought that he wasn't, no outcome in this fight was going to change their mind. It was a risky fight for McGregor but it paid off, they stick to the script and the big fight is on.

Like most things with life, It's a struggle to look past the bullshit and keep yourself grounded. I think this was somewhere in the middle.

Do you go to English as a 2nd language classes? If not, you might want to consider it.

1 word in the Headline was off. He was perfectly understandable. How's your Serbian?

Yeah, fucked up two past tense in one sentence. I see my mistake :icon_chee

And yup, its actually my 4th language since I speak French and Russian besides my own.

Like most things with life, It's a struggle to look past the bullshit and keep yourself grounded. I think this was somewhere in the middle.

1 word in the Headline was off. He was perfectly understandable. How's your Serbian?

Honestly, I don't know any Serbian. Sorry. I'm a mean drunk. Forgive me TS.

They wanted and could have justified giving McGregor a shot after ufc 178. Instead they threw together an enormously successful TV card and created way more interest in him than only a few months ago. Conor came through on his own and now a fight with Aldo is much bigger.

So yes, it worked.

canner mcgregory still hasn't beat anyone that is truly a contender and now is going to get destroyed by aldo

Because of what? I understood anything he said as did you.

For business purposes it is better to learn German or Russian, so what is the point you are trying to make?

the reaction was cliche. he was a fucking 12-1 favorite. he was supposed to destroy his opponent. and then when he did exactly as expected, people freaked.

last time i checked people were supposed to freak when people do the unexpected.

he's good. VERY good. maybe elite - we will find out soon enough.

is it "hype machine"? NO!!! its dumb fans being dumb fans. they aren't buying what the UFC is selling - they are buying because they want to buy.

and IF he turns out to be more like Vera than Jones, they will BLAME the UFC hype machine. why? because their defense mechanisms take over, it's better to tell yourself you were duped, than you're just another cliche bandwagonner.

UFC hype machine is a cop out.

On topic, the hype machine did not work for me, I did enjoy the fight and event.
Will he beat Aldo? Highly doubt it, his stance is perfect for Aldo leg kicks of doom

Lol no worries, I like when people correct me. And I did make a stupid mistake.

Goddamn. Every Serbian I have ever come across has been cool. But on topic, Siver has been a legit opponent for everyone he has ever faced up until the Conor fight. Its a ridiculous double standard.

We do have a lot of tangible data to suggest people want Conor in the title match. Record FS1 ratings, huge gate for a domestic tv event, etc.

Some sherdoggers said they are not buying it though. I guess that is the other end of the argument.

Says some dork who intentionally typed "Canner Mcgregory".

What is your excuse?

whoa you can see what i do intentionally and unintentionally? sorry Mcgregory, go back and post about him being the goat or w/e you kids do nowadays

Goddamn. Every Serbian I have ever come across has been cool.

slobodan_milosevic_1449719c.jpg

Back