Did/does anyone take punches worse than Brock Lesnar?

Brock just wasn't used to getting hit. It's not something that can be taught. He needed years of getting hit to really learn how to roll with it. He had a natural reaction of fleeing and/or turtling when getting hit.

Overeem on the other hand freezes and goes stiff when he gets hit. That's the sign of serious damage and if it happens again, he needs to retire.

there are plenty of other wrestlers without years of getting hit though that react just fine

Brock took a huge amount of punishment from Carwin,so he is not the worst ever!I am a big fan of Mir,but I think he has a poor ability to take punches.

as odd as this sounds... John Jones actually doesn't take punches too well, either.

Considering he took shots and still came back against both Mir and Carwin, I'd say yes, other fighters do worse when getting hit. Even Randy hit him a few times, but Brock still annihilated him. People just hate on Lesnar because he's from pro wrestling.

Brock took a huge amount of punishment from Carwin,so he is not the worst ever!I am a big fan of Mir,but I think he has a poor ability to take punches.

im not questioning his chin, just how he responded to hard hits. he was turtled for about 2 mins in the first round against carwin despite not being physically rocked/wobbly.

Considering he took shots and still came back against both Mir and Carwin, I'd say yes, other fighters do worse when getting hit. Even Randy hit him a few times, but Brock still annihilated him. People just hate on Lesnar because he's from pro wrestling.

I hate on him bc he was promoted to a nondeserving belt and was never nowhere near being a fighter

maybe overeem?

and would he still be in the UFC if he could take a punch better?

Both Brock and Overeem react horribly to taking punches. but if i had to choose who reacts worse, it would be Brock

Brock was never knocked out. He physically could take a beating, but mentally yeah he hated being hit.

there are plenty of other wrestlers without years of getting hit though that react just fine

There are also plenty of world class wrestlers like Karam Gaber and Rulon Gardner who tried MMA but looked a lot worse than Brock did.

im not questioning his chin, just how he responded to hard hits. he was turtled for about 2 mins in the first round against carwin despite not being physically rocked/wobbly.

How do you know he wasn't rocked? That's all your opinion.

Brock "took punches" against Shane Carwin. At that time, Carwin had ended every single opponent in the 1st round, including Frank Mir and Gonzaga.
Then Brock subbed him in the 2nd.

Ok, he was a little gun shy and turtled up when he got hit. But let's not get carried away here.
Maybe it would have been different against The Reem if he didn't have diverticulitis before they met.

I don't think Luiz Cane takes punches that well. Also, The Reem. Denis Kang too. And Okami.
Okami was at least good at slowing down the pace of the fight and avoiding big shots, then imposing his strategy on his opponent (usually).

Overeem or Mir (and they are fighting haha).....Brock doesnt take em well....but he managed to get through that flurry that Carwin threw at him. I doubt either one of those two would get out of that.

I think Travis Browne is way worse, the way he screamed against Overeem...

[YT]?v=ednKK8GlvwI[/YT]

haha what...the...heck. Funny thing is someone tripping on acid probably would watch this the whole 10 hours.

Back