Did/does anyone take punches worse than Brock Lesnar?

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
maybe overeem?

and would he still be in the UFC if he could take a punch better?

troll threads aren't suppoused to be obvious

Didn't Lesnar take a beating from Carwin only to prevail because Carwin gased?

Chuckles-chuck-bass-20513552-500-202.gif

troll threads aren't suppoused to be obvious

not a troll whenever brock took a hard shot he reacted very strangely, and im not talkin about him getting rocked to the point of being wobbly, just getting hit hard and not responding like the average ufc fighter.

i was a big brock fan but honestly i always felt scared every time he fought, i feel like even any of the current mid-tier HWs would have a legit shot to beat him with just one hard punch early on (nelson, mitrione, schaub, etc) vs a guy like cain who you know, even if hit HARD, would likely still win easily.

Brock definitely "took punches" the worst of any fighter ever (well, of any high level fighter). Very scared of standup. Fell over from punches that didn't land.

he wouldn't be in the ufc today regardless because he has medical problems.

I think Travis Browne is way worse, the way he screamed against Overeem...

[YT]?v=ednKK8GlvwI[/YT]

fuck me, I don't know why everyone thinks this is a troll thread. This is pretty much Brock's undoing.

Funny, he has a great chin, though - just didn't put himself in bad positions in training is my guess. Tito Ortiz also had a great chin, and would just freeze when hit. Overeem, kinda. AO didn't mind getting hit tooooo much, as long as he still feels he has the upper hand. Its when the fight seems lost that he doesn't dig deep like other top guys.

Says something about Lesnar's abilities - that he made it through so many guys without facing adversity. Talented freak, for sure.

ah yea tito is another good one. overeem doesnt seem to react poorly just gets rocked easily sort of like mir, takes a punch but then gets loopy and does stupid stuff and gets rocked even more

not a troll whenever brock took a hard shot he reacted very strangely, and im not talkin about him getting rocked to the point of being wobbly, just getting hit hard and not responding like the average ufc fighter.

Like doing a cartwheel across the cage and turtling up after getting punched.

This is either the worst reaction or best reaction to getting punched:

shadface_display_image.jpg

Brock just wasn't used to getting hit. It's not something that can be taught. He needed years of getting hit to really learn how to roll with it. He had a natural reaction of fleeing and/or turtling when getting hit.

Overeem on the other hand freezes and goes stiff when he gets hit. That's the sign of serious damage and if it happens again, he needs to retire.

Back