Did Diaz put on functional mass and gain power or does Edwards have the worst chin at WW?

chupacabra5

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I thought skill-wise, Leon looked good against Diaz. However, I can’t remember the last time anyone got rocked that badly a single punch from either Diaz.

This just makes me think that the first punch that any of the top 5 land on him will put him to sleep.

Top 5 - luque ( Leon already beat )
Top 5 - usman ( Leon went the distance )
There's the Champ and a top 5 that didn't put Leon to sleep with the first punch they connected with.
Also what logic are you using ? Once you hit the top 5 do you magically begin punching harder or something?

It's what you don't see coming that hurts the most.

We often see guys get rocked, dropped or even knocked out with punches that don't seem that powerful.

Seeing a punch coming is a huge factor in being able to take a punch. Even if it's a for a fraction of a second. You can still brace yourself for it.

Edwards didn't see that one coming.

I thought skill-wise, Leon looked good against Diaz. However, I can’t remember the last time anyone got rocked that badly a single punch from either Diaz.

This just makes me think that the first punch that any of the top 5 land on him will put him to sleep.

Have you ever watched any of nate's fights? He catches people all the time, but rarely gets a straight knockout. Leon didn't shoot in like everyone else and get subbed, he stayed on his feet and recovered to survive the round. If he shot in Diaz would have possibly got another sub like he always does. He isn't taking people down and outwrestling them, he rocks people all the time and then gets subs.

Edwards’ chin is extremely questionable and is a major reason I think Usman handles him easily.

Did you not watch Nick vs Robbie?

That was the first Diaz fight I saw.
That was a 1 punch finish.

There's the Champ and a top 5 that didn't put Leon to sleep with the first punch they connected with.
Also what logic are you using ? Once you hit the top 5 do you magically begin punching harder or something?

I say top 5 because that’s who he’ll fight next.

It can't just be Diaz caught him on the button right?

It just can't be that Diaz landed a great strike and Leon took it like a champ and survived?

That perspective doesn't fit TS's narrative?

He didn't take it like a champ, he was put on his feet until the bell, couldn't walk straight for minutes after the fight, and only survived at all because Nate is retarded and decided to mock him rather than go in for the finish right away

To be fair, Leon fought Snoozeman, not Usman. Usman's striking has improved tremendously since they fought.

He didn't take it like a champ, he was put on his feet until the bell, couldn't walk straight for minutes after the fight, and only survived at all because Nate is retarded and decided to mock him rather than go in for the finish right away
And he won. So he took it like champ. He could've just crumbled but he didn't.

Last edited:
Diaz threw his whole weight behind that punch. Just because most of his punches aren't extraordinarily hard, doesn't mean he can't also hit hard, too.

Back