Did DHK lose his KOTN for punching Silva after he was clearly out???

It's funny to me that people are ok with someone punching an unconscious guy on the ground and Palhares gets hated on for something similar.

DHK was right to make "sure" the fight is over.

Just like Vitor,where everyone was mad bc he didn't break JJ arm,if you lose your focus for 1 split second,your opponent might get out and knock you the fu** out afterwards.

When you're trying to sub someone you put all your strenght into it and the only thing in your mind is to squeeze or cranck with all your might.

It's difficult to concentrate on it and pay attention to the ref at the same time.It may take a second or two before you realize that you have to let go.

I hope Pierce is ok,but like they say it's kill or get killed.

I like to think that Palhares didn't do it on purpose.He seems like a genuine guy.But if he did,he should get immediately cut just like Babalu .

Edit:Hendo gave Bisping an unecessary punch after he knew he was out.It wasn't very sportman like either,but the fact that it was Bisping we all loved it.There are many situations hwere this happens,but yet Palhares gets hated on.

Edit 2:I think you can see that Palhares is looking at the floor while he's crancking.And seems to let go as soon as he sees the ref.But he might really have held it a bit longer,difficult to tell.

I9lO.gif

You go until the ref stops you. Some people choose to stop it themselves, others are caught up in the moment. Not even comparable to what palhares does. It's a scumbag move.

Had he let go immediately when the ref intervened, it would have been enough.

There's was a lag of about a second. A hit one second after a quarterback throws the ball or one second after a running back steps out of bounds could easily receive a suspension in the NFL.

That has nothing to do with caring about the general safety of players, and everything to do with protecting stars. Defensive linemen get chop blocked all the time, and nothing happens. Breathing on Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is punishable by firing squad, though.

I say cut him.

There is plenty of ways to already get injured in the sport, some meathead who's out to intentionally injure someone and put them out for many months is not needed.

People like this need to be blackballed from the sport, not supported.

That has nothing to do with caring about the general safety of players, and everything to do with protecting stars. Defensive linemen get chop blocked all the time, and nothing happens. Breathing on Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is punishable by firing squad, though.

I agree. But the point is that one second is not a negligible amount of time, as some are suggesting.

Do you guys try and draw some sort of argument from nothing after every UFC card?

Again, just because your opponent goes down does not mean he is clean out, i.e Pat Barry vs Cheik Kongo. I would have done the exact same, put in the extra punch (as long as the ref didn't have a hold of me) to ensure that the fight really was going to end in my favour and my opponent would have 0 chance of returning to get the win.

The Palhares thing, who knows. It looks bad because of his record, and if deliberate then there is no place for him in the sport. A choke is not so bad on the other hand and although still very dangerous the odds are extremely high for coming back round and being able to train and fight again. Other than a knee bar, I'd say a heel hook is the nastiest thing to have cranked on after a tap as it can produce a career ending injury.

Stop taking sides and look at the situation for what it is. Palhares commited, intentionally or not, a dangerous act which could have serious repercussions for the opponent. DHK on the other hand has done what we have seen hundreds of times, that being finishing the fight and leaving nothing in doubt.

Also, another thing that could stop this is more hands on refereeing. For example, the ref could have physically grabbed Palhares to signal the fight is over and get him to release. The same could be applied to the Rampage/DHK thing. If the refs simply came and tackled them to the floor or dived on the downed opponent to act as a shield then how can they throw more strikes?

Out of all the people saying to cut him I bet 70 - 80 % of them loved the Hendo cheap shot on Bisping.

That was honestly one of the shittiest things I've seen a fighter do and made me dislike hendo afterwards.

You jest, but I think he was genuinely in shock. DHK threw that punch in pure defensive mode, with his head down and eyes averted. I'm not saying it was a lucky punch, but if somebody like Jones, Mir, or Bisping KOd somebody like that, we'd hear that it was "lucky" or "a fluke" until the end of time.

Throwing a punch with the intention of hitting someone and landing is lucky?

That's obviously not true. It was about a second after the ref tried to stop the fight. The only real argument is whether or not a second is acceptable. It's not like sherdoggers are just making up a controversy. Even the UFC acknowledged that there was an issue.

Yea it was real borderline if you ask me.

Back