Did DHK lose his KOTN for punching Silva after he was clearly out???

That is BS. No other fighter in the UFC has an issue with releasing a submission as soon as the ref steps in, but Palhares has had an issue on more than one occasion now.

If this was his first offense, he would have received a warning. Palhares is a repeat offender and needs to stop with this garbage. It's bad for the sport and ultimately bad for his career. You think the UFC is going to put a guy with a history of stupid, injury-risking actions in a fight with GSP?

The funny thing is that everyone is chanting this mantra of, "not until the ref steps in". Well, he didn't stop when the ref intervened. Still, you don't have to hold on until then, you can just let go when he taps (or at least when he yells in this case).

How many false taps have we had since Bustamante / Lidland? I really can't think of any. We've had the ref call a few 'technical submissions' like Danzig / Wiman, but that was the refs bad call, not the fighters. Hell, a title just changed hands for the first time in almost a decade due to arm-bar and the ref didn't even see the tap - but Pettis still let go; he got a nice championship belt out of it too.

You go until the ref tells you to stop. The ref didn't stop Dong. The ref did stop Palhares and he didn't let go right away.

You would have a valid point if Dong hit Silva after the ref came in, but otherwise you're just sour grapes.

Palhares is a POS and I also hope to see him beat to a pulp in his next fight. Good to see the UFC deny his sorry ass a bonus. And yes, he blatantly held the heel and applied torque well AFTER the ref intervened. Kim just finished a fight, and Silva was not completely out anyway. And, the way the judging was going to that point, any Brazilian would need to be stopped to ensure the judges didn't Dillashaw you....

It's funny to me that people are ok with someone punching an unconscious guy on the ground and Palhares gets hated on for something similar.

DHK was right to make "sure" the fight is over.

Just like Vitor,where everyone was mad bc he didn't break JJ arm,if you lose your focus for 1 split second,your opponent might get out and knock you the fu** out afterwards.

When you're trying to sub someone you put all your strenght into it and the only thing in your mind is to squeeze or cranck with all your might.

It's difficult to concentrate on it and pay attention to the ref at the same time.It may take a second or two before you realize that you have to let go.

I hope Pierce is ok,but like they say it's kill or get killed.

I like to think that Palhares didn't do it on purpose.He seems like a genuine guy.But if he did,he should get immediately cut just like Babalu .

Edit:Hendo gave Bisping an unecessary punch after he knew he was out.It wasn't very sportman like either,but the fact that it was Bisping we all loved it.There are many situations hwere this happens,but yet Palhares gets hated on.
In regards to the Bisping knockout that is the stupidest logic ever, it doesn't matter who the fighter is if they are clearly out you should make the effort not to give them extra brain damage/kill them. Dan henderson is a champion but i've always hated him since he hammered Bisping when he was out cold, he even said it after the fight that he knew Bisping was already out, the guys a dog, just ask Don Frye.

why would he?

The fight is over when the ref says is over

When the ref told DHK or Hendo that it was over, they agreed and stopped fighting.

when the ref jumped on Palhares he quickly gave it another crank after already ignoring Pierce's screams and tapping

In regards to the Bisping knockout that is the stupidest logic ever, it doesn't matter who the fighter is if they are clearly out you should make the effort not to give them extra brain damage/kill them. Dan henderson is a champion but i've always hated him since he hammered Bisping when he was out cold, he even said it after the fight that he knew Bisping was already out, the guys a dog, just ask Don Frye.

I disagree. Bisping had built up the crap-talk and went way overboard throughout the entire show, with DH warning him the payback would come inside the cage. Well, after the ass whipping (attitude adjustment) DH gave Bisping I have to say Bisping has been a lot less mouthy and a lot more focused on his game. And he has become more likeable to the casual US fan, and thus more marketable here, only helping him make better payday when he fights.

one more punch to the face is not going to cause any more serious damage, It happens all the time, inadvertently or not. Unlike a heel hook that can be career ending.

wait.... So DHK didnt win KO of the night? who did then? Was the "other" KO of the night warranted? Maybe DW and J Silva is mad DHK put a future money cow through the canvas.

Did Paul Harris break his ankle?

I feel really bad for Toquino. The haters are really tainting his win. He lets go IMMEDIATELY when the ref intervenes and its not enough

That's obviously not true. It was about a second after the ref tried to stop the fight. The only real argument is whether or not a second is acceptable. It's not like sherdoggers are just making up a controversy. Even the UFC acknowledged that there was an issue.

That is BS. No other fighter in the UFC has an issue with releasing a submission as soon as the ref steps in, but Palhares has had an issue on more than one occasion now.

If this was his first offense, he would have received a warning. Palhares is a repeat offender and needs to stop with this garbage. It's bad for the sport and ultimately bad for his career. You think the UFC is going to put a guy with a history of stupid, injury-risking actions in a fight with GSP?

Oh god no! If he does that to GSP and ruins GSP's knee, I may have to step in and beat Palhares up!

exactly,you think when you are rolling and you are subbing someone your too concentrated to know if the opponent tapped? :icon_lol: if you can do that you can be aware of the ref and the end of the fight

when he sees the ref he stops, he was just very into the sub, plus he isn't the brightest. Very skilled though

Good post. I agree

It's a shame all this has overshadowed what was a very impressive performance against a very underrated but good fighter in pierce.

If the ref pulled dhk off and he still tried hitting silva, probably.

The ref didn't stop the fight. You guys are ridiculous

I feel really bad for Toquino. The haters are really tainting his win. He lets go IMMEDIATELY when the ref intervenes and its not enough

Had he let go immediately when the ref intervened, it would have been enough.

There's was a lag of about a second. A hit one second after a quarterback throws the ball or one second after a running back steps out of bounds could easily receive a suspension in the NFL.

You know who also didn't lose his KOTN honor and bonus money?

2i6jf9t.jpg

^This guy.

That's at least a more sensible comparison. Rampage probably should have lost that bonus money. There was a shit storm IIRC.

To be fair, Dong was probably in shock that he actually finished somebody.

You jest, but I think he was genuinely in shock. DHK threw that punch in pure defensive mode, with his head down and eyes averted. I'm not saying it was a lucky punch, but if somebody like Jones, Mir, or Bisping KOd somebody like that, we'd hear that it was "lucky" or "a fluke" until the end of time.

Back