Did DHK lose his KOTN for punching Silva after he was clearly out???

bjjwar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's funny to me that people are ok with someone punching an unconscious guy on the ground and Palhares gets hated on for something similar.

DHK was right to make "sure" the fight is over.

Just like Vitor,where everyone was mad bc he didn't break JJ arm,if you lose your focus for 1 split second,your opponent might get out and knock you the fu** out afterwards.

When you're trying to sub someone you put all your strenght into it and the only thing in your mind is to squeeze or cranck with all your might.

It's difficult to concentrate on it and pay attention to the ref at the same time.It may take a second or two before you realize that you have to let go.

I hope Pierce is ok,but like they say it's kill or get killed.

I like to think that Palhares didn't do it on purpose.He seems like a genuine guy.But if he did,he should get immediately cut just like Babalu .

Edit:Hendo gave Bisping an unecessary punch after he knew he was out.It wasn't very sportman like either,but the fact that it was Bisping we all loved it.There are many situations hwere this happens,but yet Palhares gets hated on.

Edit 2:I think you can see that Palhares is looking at the floor while he's crancking.And seems to let go as soon as he sees the ref.But he might really have held it a bit longer,difficult to tell.

I9lO.gif

Last edited:
You go until the ref tells you to stop. The ref didn't stop Dong. The ref did stop Palhares and he didn't let go right away.

You would have a valid point if Dong hit Silva after the ref came in, but otherwise you're just sour grapes.

Erick didn't tap, so the fight wasn't over. You never know if someone can recover. Kongo/Barry for example. Pierce tapped, so Palhares knew it was over. The ref stepped in, so Palhares knew it was over. Even then, he didn't let go immediately.

Did DHK intentionally throw an extra shot after the ref stopped it, for no reason?

There's the differences.

To be fair, Dong was probably in shock that he actually finished somebody.

It's funny to me that people are ok with someone punching an unconscious guy on the ground and Palhares gets hated on for something similar.

Just like Vitor,where everyone was mad bc he didn't break JJ arm,if you lose your focus for 1 split second,your opponent might get out and knock you the fu** out afterwards.

When you're trying to sub someone you put all your strenght into it and the only thing in your mind is to squeeze or cranck with all your might.

It's difficult to concentrate on it and pay attention to the ref at the same time.It may take a second or two before you realize that you have to let go.

I hope Pierce is ok,but like they say it's kill or get killed.

I like to think that Palhares didn't do it on purpose.He seems like a genuine guy.But if he did,he should get immediately cut just like Babalu .

My issue with it is that I believe he pierce one last hard crank after the ref stopped it. Not only did he hold but when the ref jumped in he cranked harder

That is BS. No other fighter in the UFC has an issue with releasing a submission as soon as the ref steps in, but Palhares has had an issue on more than one occasion now.

If this was his first offense, he would have received a warning. Palhares is a repeat offender and needs to stop with this garbage. It's bad for the sport and ultimately bad for his career. You think the UFC is going to put a guy with a history of stupid, injury-risking actions in a fight with GSP?

I think that he was looking at the floor and when he realized the ref is there he stopped to cranck.Like i explained,when you get someone in a sub,you're only focusing on crancking or squeezing the hardest you can.It's difficult to pay attention if the ref is there or not.

But i have to admit it did look like he held it a bit longer than he should've,I might be wrong and if it was his intention,he should get cut.

Ref hadn't stopped the fight yet. Ref had clearly stepped in and stopped the fight, and Paul Harris held on and gave the hold an extra crank before letting go.

It's when the ref stops it. Everyone knows that. He also just did a hammer fist. Silva should be grateful it wasnt worse.

I think that he was looking at the floor and when he realized the ref is there he stopped to cranck.Like i explained,when you get someone in a sub,you're only focusing on crancking or squeezing the hardest you can.It's difficult to pay attention if the ref is there or not.

But i have to admit it did look like he held it a bit longer than he should've,I might be wrong and if it was his intention,he should get cut.

Doesn't matter why he did it. He clearly crancked harder after the ref had stepped in already. If he's to soft in the head to pay attention to the ref, he shouldn't be doing stuff like this.

Besides, it's not like this is the first time. Palhares does this a lot.

DHK stopped when the ref intervened. Palhares didn't. And its not like it was his 1st time.
Palhares is a dirty fighter who's done it on several occasions.

Rampage beating Wandy after the monsterious left hand with the ref almost on his back come to mine.In this case,Rampage should have been fined

Glad Marquardt and Lombard kick his ass , a foot is terribly long to repair,I hope the UFC will released him and pierce should sue him

I don't think im seeing the same thing as everyone else, clearly palhares is not the smartest guy, we know that. I don't think his intention was to get in to trouble again I didn't see his first offense that got him suspended but this didn't look that bad to me. Maybe hes just a douche that likes to bring extra pain or maybe hes just dumb

You know who also didn't lose his KOTN honor and bonus money?

2i6jf9t.jpg

^This guy.

If he hadn't done it before, I don't think this would that big of a deal, but since he didn't let go of Drwal's leg earlier in his career, he doesn't get that benefit of the doubt. Sucks for him, but it is part of being a "professional" fighter.

Back