Did DC post-fight attitude affected the whole perception of JJ status/fight?

DC ended jones career. We will never see him fight again after the coke

TDs:
Jones 3/5
Cormier 1/8

Yea, DC was never hurt or in trouble, but DC got fucking embarrased.

Yea alot of people talking about how DC is a nice guy and a likeable guy. Bullshit. Watch this video where he talks about wanting to take Jones' career from him. Watch where he talks about wanting to beat Bones, beat him again in a rematch and make him change weight classes then quit MMA.

DC didn't just want to win a championship, he wanted to end Bones career. He's a giant fucking dick is what he is.

Yes, but it's Jon Jones he's talking about. If he was talking about ruining, say, Jim Miller's career or Michael McDonald's career, yes, that would be dickish because they both seem like good, standup guys.

Jon, on the other hand...

Yes, it did affect perceptions.

If he'd reined in the emotion and made a measured response to questions like an alpha male, things would have been different. Instead he cried. It was a deeply uncomfortable emasculating thing to watch and made the loss seem much worse than it was.

TDs:
Jones 3/5
Cormier 1/8

Yea, DC was never hurt or in trouble, but DC got fucking embarrased.

You have to be fucking kidding me. That may give you a win, but embarrasing? Just imagine if GSP won a fight cause 3-1 take downs, as lame as you can get

Yes, it did affect perceptions.

If he'd reined in the emotion and made a measured response to questions like an alpha male, things would have been different. Instead he cried. It was a deeply uncomfortable emasculating thing to watch and made the loss seem much worse than it was.

Thank you for your post. Yes/no and the rationale.

I'm not shifting anything. The post fight press conference didn't suddenly convince people that Jones won 49-46, while winning the wrestling 3 take downs to 1, while breaking DC's will and making him cry back stage and at the post fight. Those are the facts of what happened.

This is the price that is paid when you shove the champ at a stupid press conference, throw a shoe at him, call him a low life, threaten to spit on him, then do an interview with Ken-Flo and talk about how you want to end the champs career.

I live in the south where I've been disgraced to get to meet a lot of dumb people, but you are just a lost cause. I just hope that English is not your first language.

The fight was boring? WTF? Are you nuts? There was constant action, with Cormier landing a few good shots dirty boxing early and no stalling from either guy.

I dont see how DC's attitude changed anything; the perception was the Jones went in there, neutralized DC's biggest asset, and landed TDs of his own while controlling the fight and losing one round, two at most.

Sherdoggers kept proclaiming that DC was going to ragdoll Jones if he could get his hands on him. Over and over we read how DC would toss Jones around like Barnett and Henderson. That was the overwhelming perception held by fans.

We instead saw Jones put his hands on DC and push him around.

No amount of posturing by DC would have changed what we saw

The fight was boring? WTF? Are you nuts? There was constant action, with Cormier landing a few good shots dirty boxing early and no stalling from either guy.

I dont see how DC's attitude changed anything; the perception was the Jones went in there, neutralized DC's biggest asset, and landed TDs of his own while controlling the fight and losing one round, two at most.

No stalling fron either guy...did you watch the last 40% of the fight?

Sherdoggers kept proclaiming that DC was going to ragdoll Jones if he could get his hands on him. Over and over we read how DC would toss Jones around like Barnett and Henderson. That was the overwhelming perception held by fans.

We instead saw Jones put his hands on DC and push him around.

No amount of posturing by DC would have changed what we saw

Excellent post, +1

no. ...him snorting coke all through training camp and still beating Daniel is what feeds his aura of invincibility

No stalling fron either guy...did you watch the last 40% of the fight?

So the last two rounds? Jones tossing DC to the mat in the 4th round, fishing for a choke, those insane hard body punches? The fifth round, where DC finally took Jones down, and when Jones hit the spinning elbow and was pounding DCs body?

There was less than five minutes of stalling the entire fight; both fighters were working very hard to implement their gameplan; sure they were clinched, but early it was DC landing good dirty boxing and Jones landing clean shots and later in the fight when Jones was pounding Cormier's body.

Look, if you are an athlete and you want to win a championship, that is admirable. That isn't really what DC wanted to do. He wanted to end Jones in the UFC and make him quit. That is a personal vendetta and so watching him lose and cry was probably the sweetest win I've ever had the pleasure of viewing.
Well you need to get a life then buddy. It ain't that damn serious.

Back