Did DC post-fight attitude affected the whole perception of JJ status/fight?

hugovela

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
My perception is that Jones won a fight in an anticlimatic way, basically by neutralizing (and slightly dominating) DC in the areas where he stated he was going to crack Jones. That being said, the fight was boring, nobody really was put in any type of danger, and not a fight to really be proud of for the Champion nor the challenger. However, the way DC came to explain why he lost was heartbreaking, I guess as a consequence of so much hype and emotional trash talking in anticipation to the encounter. I really believe that his attitude (without intention and maybe with poor team advice) really helped to feed Jones' aura of invincibility.
Up to which point, had he come to the post-fight conference with a different approach of the technicallies of the fight (basically both of them were healthy and nothing of interest really happened during 25 minutes) the whole Jones beating him would had been hyperbolic?
Had he been calmer to address the fight, Jones' GOAT aura perception would be dimmer (at least after that fight, and as of now)?
Discuss.

I just took it as DC was very honest, and finally humbled in the heat of all their dislike of one another. He made no excuses, and said Jon was the better man that night. He still believes he can beat Jones, but knows it will not be easy.

It's why fighters throw their hands up in victory immediately after the end of their fights, to color perception. Ideally (for them) judge perception.

I just took it as DC was very honest, and finally humbled in the heat of all their dislike of one another. He made no excuses, and said Jon was the better man that night. He still believes he can beat Jones, but knows it will not be easy.

Thread Killer! Agreed.....

Bones beat him at his own game, beat him 4 rounds out of 5, and you think DC's humble little cry affected the way people view the fight? Bones fought an undefeated heavy weight and handled him. What else can be taken away from it?

Well, he was in there and knows what he felt. Rampage said Machida whooped him but he won. Dc talked crap for months, imagine saying for months you're gonna knock out someone's teeth, then you lose yours.

I never really dislike fighters except for cub Swanson but Dc is on my dislike list now too. Hopefully he gets koed in his next fight. Something about him talking crap forever then ends up crying and trying to get sympathy, only to have Jones still be the same as he was from the jump. I would have much rather he pulled a diaz or something but he just cried and withered away.

Bones beat him at his own game, beat him 4 rounds out of 5, and you think DC's humble little cry affected the way people view the fight? Bones fought an undefeated heavy weight and handled him. What else can be taken away from it?
Answer to first question. Yes.
Second question. Handled? Heavyweight? Jones fought a lightheavyweight, which he towered by one head, and was not able to put him in any type of danger. He won, that is not being discussed here.

It likely made people think the gap between the two was larger. In the end, Cormier didn't do enough to win, though, and he knew it. Jones edged him rather narrowly, but clearly.

Answer to first question. Yes.
Second question. Handled? Heavyweight? Jones fought a lightheavyweight, which he towered by one head, and was not able to put him in any type of danger. He won, that is not being discussed here.

Yea I know. Remember all those threads and thousands of posts for the last 3 months? Remember all the shit DC fans talked about how much DC was maybe the best fighter in the world and would straight fuck Bones up if he got him hands on him? Nah, I'm sure you don't remember it. I'm sure you don't remember what a Titan of strength and manliness DC was touted as being.

This is the exact discussion we are having isn't it? The idea now that Bones beat him convincingly at his own game that maybe, just maybe, Bones didn't actually beat DC at his own game and maybe it was the post fight presser that somehow effected the way fans viewed the fight.

Yea alot of people talking about how DC is a nice guy and a likeable guy. Bullshit. Watch this video where he talks about wanting to take Jones' career from him. Watch where he talks about wanting to beat Bones, beat him again in a rematch and make him change weight classes then quit MMA.

DC didn't just want to win a championship, he wanted to end Bones career. He's a giant fucking dick is what he is.

Omfg! I had to watch that twice. I knew he was talking a lot but he took it to different level with this interview. Thanks for that video.

Omfg! I had to watch that twice. I knew he was talking a lot but he took it to different level with this interview. Thanks for that video.

Look, if you are an athlete and you want to win a championship, that is admirable. That isn't really what DC wanted to do. He wanted to end Jones in the UFC and make him quit. That is a personal vendetta and so watching him lose and cry was probably the sweetest win I've ever had the pleasure of viewing.

Look, if you are an athlete and you want to win a championship, that is admirable. That isn't really what DC wanted to do. He wanted to end Jones in the UFC and make him quit. That is a personal vendetta and so watching him lose and cry was probably the sweetest win I've ever had the pleasure of viewing.

After you posted that video I actually loaded the press conference up again and it's way funnier now. Jones is like a comedian on here, dudes on fire. Then DC is reminding me of a daytime soap opera.

If DC would have acted like he won and said the Dec was bs the perception of how the fight went would be radically different. Especially in light of the Jones ped/coke controversy.

The amount of shit DC talked was unconscionable. That more than anything colors the view of the fight. But he just talks so much shit and couldn't back it up. If John Jones was fake during the lead up to the fight it's only because he wasn't an unmitigated asshole like DC.DC wasn't fake at all. He was just an ass.

I thought it was 4-1 during the fight and thought it was 4-1 after the pressor. I will say this though, I had Cormier with 1 soul while the fight was happening and by the press conference it was Jones with 4(Shogun, Machida, Cormier, Jones) souls and Cormier with 0. Jones broke him an I didn't think that would happen. Cormier was the most down a human being could be. Cried backstage then cried at the post fight conference.

I thought it was 4-1 during the fight and thought it was 4-1 after the pressor. I will say this though, I had Cormier with 1 soul while the fight was happening and by the press conference it was Jones with 4(Shogun, Machida, Cormier, Jones) souls and Cormier with 0. Jones broke him an I didn't think that would happen. Cormier was the most down a human being could be. Cried backstage then cried at the post fight conference.

If they ever rematch I'm guessing DC doesn't come out and shove Bones at a presser. It pretty much fired Bones up to ridiculous levels.

Yea I know. Remember all those threads and thousands of posts for the last 3 months? Remember all the shit DC fans talked about how much DC was maybe the best fighter in the world and would straight fuck Bones up if he got him hands on him? Nah, I'm sure you don't remember it. I'm sure you don't remember what a Titan of strength and manliness DC was touted as being.

This is the exact discussion we are having isn't it? The idea now that Bones beat him convincingly at his own game that maybe, just maybe, Bones didn't actually beat DC at his own game and maybe it was the post fight presser that somehow effected the way fans viewed the fight.

Dude, you keep shifting the discussion to a place where is not intended to be. Again, Jones won, and no one is discussing that.

Dude, you keep shifting the discussion to a place where is not intended to be. Again, Jones won, and no one is discussing that.

I'm not shifting anything. The post fight press conference didn't suddenly convince people that Jones won 49-46, while winning the wrestling 3 take downs to 1, while breaking DC's will and making him cry back stage and at the post fight. Those are the facts of what happened.

This is the price that is paid when you shove the champ at a stupid press conference, throw a shoe at him, call him a low life, threaten to spit on him, then do an interview with Ken-Flo and talk about how you want to end the champs career.

Yea, the DC should have gotten up and chocked JJ at the post fight presser.....then, in the scuffle, a straw and vile of coke should have dropped out of JJ pocket...

Whole event was sort of a let down. So much hype, anticipation..

When it finally was happening.. every fight was just so.. bland.

Just another one for the books I suppose. Anybody have the PPV buyrate numbers?

Back