Did DC break "the mir curse"?

lkt

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
everyone here knows about the legendary mir curse where you lose your next fight after beating mir well that maybe still true but after this win i think if the curse really worked on him since there's two things i noticed

- DC did NOT ko/tko frank mir
- DC is the only black guy that beat mir

does that mean that the curse was broken or that him didn't meet the 'requirements' to be cursed???

His opponent also beat Frank Mir. Oops nevermind, Frank Mir beat him.

Maybe Steven Segal broke the curse?

Daniel_Cormier-and-Steven_Seagal.jpg

Or maybe Mir cares more about Barnett, he stopped cursing people, or it was all just a humongous coincidence.

he may not have...all of Mir's other losses are (t)ko
curse may only be active on a finish.

Black Fedor anticipated this, decided to decision Mir in a lackluster fight to avoid said curse- just showing once again the intelligence of him and AKA.

DC is the only one of two black guys Frank has fought though. Hardly a pattern.

I was reading the PBP hoping any second I was about to read Nelson landing a right hand. But - god dammit.

Finally a level-headed rational post. Saying stuff like the Mir curse can be broken is just plain silly

Mir needs to beat himself to reverse the curse

Lesnar broke the Mir curse.

Both Lesnar AND Carwin beat Mir in their last fight before facing each other. Somebody had to lose. And keep in mind, Carwin lost his next two fights and retired and Lesnar lost his next two after Carwin and retired. Both because of injuries or ailments too.

Both Lesnar AND Carwin beat Mir in their last fight before facing each other. Somebody had to lose. And keep in mind, Carwin lost his next two fights and retired and Lesnar lost his next two after Carwin and retired. Both because of injuries or ailments too.

But Lesnar won. He broke the curse. Doesn't matter what happened afterwards.

But Carwin lost. Curse continues. They couldn't both have lost. I don't think you can say that it was broken necessarily. It's more like it took an alternate route. The universe had to do some improvising.

Dude wound up with a life-threatening illness and had back-to-back losses and retired from the UFC. If you call that breaking a curse you are nuts.

Between the two of them most people seem to think Carwin beat Mir up worse, so he had the right to start the beginning of the end of his career first. But Brock insulted him after beating him so he got the more serious curse outside the octagon. Also, Mir's previous win over Brock might have also caused the delay. How many times has Mir cursed someone he already had a win over before losing to?

Last edited:
Dude wound up with a life-threatening illness and had back-to-back losses and retired from the UFC. If you call that breaking a curse you are nuts.

not to mention, Lesnar took a severe beating in round 1. There had to be a winner but the Mir curse struck both fighters in the match.

Back