Did Conor sound lost and unconfident on the media conference ?

There is no reason for Conor to talk trash because it doesn't affect Nate. Trash talk is mostly used to get into your opponents head to make them emotional. If it brings extra attention then that is just a bonus.

The only person who used it solely as a marketing tool was chael

Oh bro! McTapper is shook. It's great to see him squirm. Can't wait to see him quit again.

#GUERNICAbless

His entire rant about content creation makes it seem like hes setting up to fail
LEL

Or his little beef with the UFC opened his eyes. Conor made embedded and increased viewership out of sight. Now he's got his own production crew it means it's one less thing he needs the UFC for.

There are plenty of millionaires with average intelligence. Conor is one of them.

I know, you're right. I was just fucking with you with that reply. I'm not into the blah-blah-blah-money-blah-blah-bum talk.

I do think Conor's smart though. He's build an amazing aura around him and like it or not, he became the name of the UFC really fast. I also think he's smart as a fighter on what it comes to his training, and that's why I think he might come up with a good strategy this time around.

The guy was a plumber ffs. I'm not disrespecting plumbers. I'm disrespecting the pathetic need for fanboys to crown everyone they dickride a genius. There is nothing particularly brilliant about Conor, and money does not change that.
the guy found to have the highest iq, at 200, was a bouncer. Quit confusing occupation with intellect.

I think that typically, when McGregor does media, press conferences etc, he's an Amped up caricature of himself... It gets attention, (good or bad) hypes fights etc.

It's just my perception, since obviously I don't know the guy personally, but to me I think the version of him from the media call today is probably closer to what he's actually like day to day.

A Little more subdued, but he didn't sound "scared" or lacking confidence or anything like that really. Just kind of chill and focused.

And now he's a millionaire. Your move.

just because you have money doesn't mean you are smart. there's plenty of geniuses who never became wealthy.

luck and timing have more to do with making money the way Conor made his money. it's not like his schtick is original.

I don't like the dude at all but he pretty much dominated that call, either from Nate not being asked half the questions he was or because Nate doesn't give a fuck.

He did sound a bit stammery early on though.

Dana Black no impressed, boss.

View attachment 127325
UD3HcG.gif

He didn't sound too different, but it seems clear to me that Nate slapped some respect into him. He hasn't been talking with the same bravado and brashness since Nate beat him.

Conor has a persona to uphold and psychological warfare to wage. I don't think he's walking into this one with supreme confidence that he'll win but I do believe he's worked as hard as possible to attain victory. I don't think it's going to happen against Nate though.

Overall I think Conor believes in himself but has some doubt in his mind, as he should.

Back