Did Conor gas or did his leg give up?

Conor shouldn't fight anymore, he got outclassed big time. He doesn't have that dog in him......
It’s true that he doesn’t have that dog in him. His biggest weakness is his mentality when it gets hot in the cage, but hang them up? Come on.

He didn't gas. He got hit with a few good shots and went into the survival mindset. Losing is a habit now so he doesn't even feel really bad about it anymore.

He's just not that good, his combinations were slow and stiff, defence non existant and it seems like the chin is gone.

I hope he retires, coz it's just gonna get worse.

I thought so too, didn't look as energetic either.

Who knows, didn't feel like the same Conor but don't want to make any excuses, Poirier executed an excellent gameplan that worked out perfectly.

I
I thought so too, didn't look as energetic either.

Who knows, didn't feel like the same Conor but don't want to make any excuses, Poirier executed an excellent gameplan that worked out perfectly.

I 100% Agee. Maybe he was trying to pace himself. Could be as simple as that. But his movement is always so smooth and fluid...it did not look like that tonight.

I think both. Conor said it in the post fight. You can't be inactive in this sport. When the fight started he looked more skilled in the boxing department but I knew Poirier could win if he kept his cool.

That's just an excuse.. He didn't say anything like that when he beat Cerrone. Before this fight he said he had the best camp, the best weight cut..He expected Dustin to fold in the first round.. When it didn't happen he checked out because he knew he didn't have the cardio and his leg was jacked.

What? He didn’t look gassed at all. He ate some good shots in the first even tho he looked better but you could see each one of those calf kicks start doing what they do. I shit you not ive been kicked with a couple of those while sparring with shin pads on and it’s still hard to eat those. They will fuck your whole game up if you don’t check them.
This, you can't even twist off on your leg.

Should have been checking them. I think he expected to hit Poirier with a cleaner shot first.

It’s true that he doesn’t have that dog in him. His biggest weakness is his mentality when it gets hot in the cage, but hang them up? Come on.

I’ll have to watch it again. You might be right. I just felt he came out and looked off.

Conors had leg problems since training for Mendez. Rory did Canadian juju on it

This, you can't even twist off on your leg.

Should have been checking them. I think he expected to hit Poirier with a cleaner shot first.
The announcers even mentioned after one of the later ones that his leg was done and it was obvious it was bothering him. It’s not taking anything away from Dustin tho. I was surprised Conor didn’t check them better. He’s normally good at checking kicks.

His power just dosent carry over. He was connecting crisp lefts all first round, but to no avail. When he saw DP wasnt as fazed as he thought he would be, he panicked, which along with the leg kicks, made him gas hard. Happened vs Khabib also. He gotta hit the heavy bag more or change something around in training to work on his power cuz his whole game was based on that left power shot. Without it, he seems lost.

Not making excuse, well played to Dustin.

Just pointing out that Conor got dropped because of his right leg failing. Sad for Conor though.

He looked gassed but I can't believe he really will gas that fast (he already won a 5 round fight against Díaz), so weird

Dustin was amazing there, huge win for him in

He fought pretty conserved against Nate in the rematch. He still gassed by the end of the second but Nate got tired too and took the 4th off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back