Did Cody prove "Neo Footwork" is more Rogan nonsense?

everything Rogan has said for the last few years has been bullshit, his brain is scrambled.

i just want to add that it was hilarious to see a defeated cruz trying the best he could to accept that he lost. the guy was so smug and full of himself.

Neo footwork....

I mean.. Just listen to the word..

<mma3>

Cody has freak athleticism.

Forget footwork - watch the GIF of Cody dodging all of Cruz's straight punches with head movement. Then watch Dom hit a perfectly timed, well placed double leg, where he was under the hips and sweeps Cody off his feet. Cody responds mid-air by inverting his hips and angling his body so he can immediately reverse on landing.

Cruz is a world class MMA adapted grappler. Few guys in the history of MMA have that level of athleticism required to do what Cody did.
all of Cruz punches are slow and telegraphed, it's not freak reflexes, it's basic boxing

Neo footwork is what a fighter should do if they don't have strong enough boxing fundamentals. Cody was significantly more efficient in dodging strikes than Cruz because he is skilled enough to dodge by an inch. Jon Jones is a great example, and Conor seems to be progressing more and more towards this style of movement efficiency.

As soon as Cruz loses, one of the p4p best in the world, Sherdog relegates his skills to "nonsense". Love it :)
Yea. He's slower. He still beats the majority of the top ten with relative ease.

I wouldn't say that we are at the level of proof yet. Cody won the fight, but Dom has won many fights with his style.

There is really only one man with Neo footwork and that is Genki Sudo.

lol @ the idea that someone would reinvent something in a couple of years that took centuries to perfect

boxing fundamentals>new age bull shit

Cruz's footwork is modeled off of this guy:

Willie_Pep.jpg

It's not exactly new age shit man.

I was going to make a similar thread myself. I don't mind Cruz as a fighter and a character but the fact is that a lot of his movement is junk. Busy foot work is not good footwork. And by the way, one of the reasons why Cruz couldn't stay off the canvas in the last three rounds is that his constant leaning, lunging and stance-switching leaves him off-balance and squared up.

its terrible footwork, masking cause he can't move well in the traditional sense.

switching stances every few seconds and throwing meat cleaver punches doesn't mean good footwork, you're just confused and setting yourself up to be ko'd. He just fought guys equally as bad which is why nothing ever happened to him

Look at how fast cody can move back with his orthodox style in the fight

Cruz's footwork is modeled off of this guy:

Willie_Pep.jpg

It's not exactly new age shit man.
I know Dom likes to mention Willie Pep but he fights nothing like Willie. Willie used controlled and efficient movements to evade punches, Dom dances spastically all over the cage for no reason. busy movement =/= good movement. Cody doesn't move his feet as much but he has better footwork.

everytime Willie moves, it's with a purpose.
never been enamored with Dom's game, I maintain a lot of his success is due to fighting shorter guys with significant reach disadvantage.

I was going to make a similar thread myself. I don't mind Cruz as a fighter and a character but the fact is that a lot of his movement is junk. Busy foot work is not good footwork. And by the way, one of the reasons why Cruz couldn't stay off the canvas in the last three rounds is that his constant leaning, lunging and stance-switching leaves him off-balance and squared up.

His weird movements are also why he is unable to generate power shots. His feet are never planted firmly and he is unable to put his entire body into any of his shots.

Rogan talks a lot of nonsense.

I refuse to anoint him as some sort of MMA Einstein like most on this forum do.

Cruz is 58 in knee surgery years. Cody is younger and quicker. Cruz had much better footwork than Cody, but it doesn't matter once the speed goes. Speed is the first to go, power last, but Cruz has never had power, so its time for the glue factory I'm afraid.
It sure is amazing how a guy can be declared goat for winning a close decision...

Then in 11 months later with no injuries, at 31, his loss is magically explained by "injuries and out of prime"

No padawan, there's been no injuries to speak of. No magical loss of speed in 11 months. Your boy got rekt by Cody no dad necktats and that's all there is.

NEEEEEXXTT..

Cody got the better of him, but it was still a very competitive fight.

So no it doesn't suck shit

Cruz is 58 in knee surgery years. Cody is younger and quicker. Cruz had much better footwork than Cody, but it doesn't matter once the speed goes. Speed is the first to go, power last, but Cruz has never had power, so its time for the glue factory I'm afraid.

Cruz's footwork was irrelevant in that fight.

Cody just stood there and waited for Cruz to come in. Cruz couldn't get close to him without getting peppered. Dom's speed wasn't what got him, it was his terrible boxing. His punches have always been wide and loopy. Garbrandt's head movement is probably better than anybody I've seen in MMA other than prime Silva.

Cody's head movement, hand speed > Dom's footwork and loopy ass punches

Cruz is a dinosaur. He used elusive footwork when everyone used slow low mobility footwork. Cruz never had his movement integrated with effective striking mechanics.

Now fighters are combining both. Just look at how McGregor dismantled Alverez. Conor trains TKD footwork and integrates it with boxing striking principles and capitalizes on both of the disciplines strong points.

MMA is evolving-thank god-and bringing many more pieces to the puzzle!

lol @ the idea that someone would reinvent something in a couple of years that took centuries to perfect

boxing fundamentals>new age bull shit
This.

I regularly listen to rogan's podcast and most of the time he's level-headed and makes sense but at times he's like a shertard hypejob. This neo footwork bullshit is one those examples.

Back