Did CM Punk call out Pendred?

It's actually not a bad matchup, a reason to keep Pendred other than Boston/Dublin shows now and then.

But Punk will lose, Pendred always wins, and Punk can't finish him if King couldn't.

anyone on the ufc roster should be able to take cathal. that includes the women's divs.

Pendreds probably just scouting twitter for stuff to pick up on so he can stick around the UFC...

Hard to understand how Pendred interpreted "HAHAHAHA" as a personal attack on him. His twitter handle wasn't even tagged on it. Punk might not even have been watching the UFC.

Yeah I'm also wondering how Pendred took that twit as directed at him. Does that mean Punk/Pendred is official and they're both trying to hype the fight already?

Pendred would murder Punk, and im no fan of Cathal.

It sounds funny and all, but Punk is the last guy that should talk shit. He would get his ass handed to him. Pendred didn't look good in that fight, but he has looked decent against a lot of fighters that are worth their salt. Punk would get his ass kicked.

If Cathal looks anything like he did in this last fight, I would actually give Punk a legitimate chance to do well against him. Pendred looked like someone pushed a slo-mo button on him. Molasses-like movement.

Judging by the time posted by the tweet
6:53 PM - 18 Jan 2015
Wouldn't that be BEFORE the fight?

Not sure how Twitter clocks work but that would need to be PST to be related to Pendred.
Punk was in Chicago area, so timing makes no sense

Maybe it had to do with the Packers choking

He posted the following on twitter https://twitter.com/cmpunk/status/557008010376388609

Which most seem to have taken as him laughing at Pendreds performance on Sunday. It even prompted a response from the man himself https://twitter.com/pendredmma/status/557095323634786304

With the rumour that this may be his 1st opponent maybe Punks fancying his chances.
Apologies if already posted.

were you paying attention at all when they said they were going to match him up with someone with similar experience i'm pretty sure someone that has 16 wins doesn't fit the bill

the whole Twitter thing between them is part of the promotion plan. Cathal tweeted a couple of weeks ago that he was Punks first opponent (than subsequently deleted the tweet). It seems pretty likely this matchup will happen.

Every single interview/report has Punk going against someone with similar experience (none to little)

Punk makes a tweet before a 16-2 fighters fight even begins with "HAHAHAHA"

Somehow this is related???

so AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA is calling people out now? wtf he could have been talking about literally anything.

Yep, not like Chicago Bears & Green Bay Packers don't have a history between them

I don't know who Cathal is but I looked him up.

It says he has not lost since 2010, he is 3-0 in the UFC all against guys with winning records.

The last guy he beat is 12-4 and has 3 UFC wins. Is Cathal really that bad?

anyone on the ufc roster should be able to take cathal. that includes the women's divs.

Not trying to pick on your but when I looked up Cathal he is 16-2 with 3 UFC wins. There goes that "Anyone on the UFC roster should be able to take Cathal"

- Pettis vs Connor
- CM Punk vs Pendred
- Sergio vs Holohan

Promotes itself. Sort it aht, Dana lol

CM Punk vs. Cathal Pendred is a great idea, actually. If Punk can't beat Cathal, who is literally a walking bag of sand, then he really does belong fighting amateurs with 2-3 records. If Cathal can't beat CM Punk, then maybe it's time he start training martial arts instead of imitating a drunken walrus every fight.

[YT]VfuKZlFJAcQ[/YT]

That made my day. Thank you sir

Chuck-Norris-Approves-With-A-Thumbs-Up.gif

Back