Movies Did Christian Bale have the best filmography in the 00s?

Christian Bale have the best filmography of the 00s?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
(2000-2009)

• American Psycho
• Laurel Canyon
• Reign of Fire
• Equilibrium
• The Machinist
• Batman Begins
• The Prestige
• The Dark Knight
• 310 To Yuma

Some good movies for sure. Reading AP again....for like the 20th time

I think the top 3 are Bale, Denzel and Crowe in this period. Maybe Leo makes it above one of them but i don't see the same kind of quality from him.

Crowe was the top guy in hollywood for a while in the 00s, but he fell off towards the end.

Bale's career seems to have gotten stronger as the decade went on. So i'd vote yes.

Denzel.

and i dont even like Denzel.

It's a hell of a lot better than pretty good. That's the best western made since Unforgiven and Dances with Wolves. I'll take it over even No Country for Old Men.

I actually bought it yesterday.

Rented it on Amazon a couple weeks ago and was really surprised at how much I liked it.

Found a brand new copy at the Half Price Books here and picked it up last night.

I had known of it forever, but just figured it was a standard run of the mill western.

Christian Bale and Russell Crowe at the top of their game.

Crowe's run is really underrated.

Since no one else mentioned it, Ryan Phillippe had some great performances in the oughts. Flags of Our Fathers, Breach, Crash, Gosford Park, Igby Goes Down, etc.

Throw Philip Seymour Hoffman in the mix, as well.

Last edited:
(2000-2009)

• American Psycho
• Shaft
• Laurel Canyon
• Reign of Fire
• Equilibrium
• The Machinist
• Howls Moving Castle
• Harsh Times
• Batman Begins
• The New World
• Rescue Dawn
• The Prestige
• The Dark Knight
• 310 To Yuma
• I'm not There
• Terminator Salvation
• Pubic Enemies

I heard he went completely bald for his role in Pubic Enemies.

Looking at stuff I actually enjoy Saint Nick does quite well despite the amount of crap he was in.

Adaptation
Matchstick Men
The Lord of War
Bad Lieutenant
Kickass

I actually enjoyed Knowing (2009)

Random necro because I can't believe I forgot Jake Gyllenhaal, and that nobody mentioned him. The awards ceremonies don't mean crap anymore, the trophies are just political propaganda pieces, now, but Jake is easily the best actor alive who has never won an Academy Award. In fact, it's astonishing how underrated he is by the awards ceremony measuring stick. He has never received an acting prize for the Academy Award, Golden Globe, SAG, Cannes Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, or Independent Spirit Award.

I'm gobsmacked. It's a crime Eddie Redmayne won for A Theory of Everything in 2015 when Jake wasn't even nominated for Nightcrawler. He and Michael Pena didn't win anything for End of Watch. Naturally. Can't laud cops being heroic against gangster scum. Sends the wrong message (btw, War Horse, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, The Tree of Life, and The Descendants all garnered Best Picture nominations that year over it....yeah). Nothing for Prisoners. Snubbed for Southpaw.

Anyway, onto his 2000's resume. He came out on the heels of October Sky hungry as hell: firing on all cylinders.

DWaCUvgXUAAXxl0.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal

• 2001: Donnie Darko
  • 2001: Bubble Boy
  • 2001: Lovely and Amazing
  • 2002: The Good Girl
  • 2002: Highway
  • 2002: Moonlight Mile
  • 2004: The Day After Tomorrow
  • 2005: Brokeback Mountain
  • 2005: Proof
  • 2005: Jarhead