Did Chael Sonnen and Matt Lindland have a falling out?

KayP

White Belt
Reaction score
Haven't seen him in his corner in his recent fights and wasnt picked as one of his coachs on tuf?

lindland has ironically turned into david terrell, hes nowhere to be found now.

Lindland is one of those guys who stubbornly refused to view MMA as entertainment and wanted it to be based solely on Ws with no attention paid to charisma and excitement. Chael is one of the foremost guys to embrace the entertainment side, and huge success has followed. I wouldn't be surprised if extreme jealously drove them apart. Pure speculation of course.

He is in the middle of a lawsuit involving marijuana.

He got jelly of Chael's new bromance with Jones.

Lindland is one of those guys who stubbornly refused to view MMA as entertainment and wanted it to be based solely on Ws with no attention paid to charisma and excitement. Chael is one of the foremost guys to embrace the entertainment side, and huge success has followed. I wouldn't be surprised if extreme jealously drove them apart. Pure speculation of course.

Pssh Chael got his trash talking skills from Lindland

Maybe the two have split ways because of what is going on between Hendo and Lindland. I thought they all used to be pretty chummy.

I know that Chael trains out at the Team Quest out in Tualatin rather than the one in Gresham.

I've always thought it seemed that Chael was closer to Hendo than Lindland, and if I recall, Hendo and Lindland were in litigation over the right to the Team Quest name.

I've always thought it seemed that Chael was closer to Hendo than Lindland, and if I recall, Hendo and Lindland were in litigation over the right to the Team Quest name.

Maybe Chael was like a kid in the middle of a divorce and he chose Hendo.:D

I believe he was Chael's manager or part of his training and management team. In the fallout from the steroid scandal I think Chael laid blame on him, and claimed that they had parted ways. I figure that either thats true, or Chael is pretending its true for his careers sake.

Back