Did cerrone really improved(can he beat top 3 guys)?

Alvarez, Bendo and Jury are all better fighters than Nate Diaz.

His streak now is way better.

Yes.
(Possibly).

He has improved but not enough to beat Pettis. I still feel that defensively he needs to get much better because that seems to be his only major weakness. Other than that he can bang & he can roll.

He has improved but not enough to beat Pettis. I still feel that defensively he needs to get much better because that seems to be his only major weakness. Other than that he can bang & he can roll.

I think defence (TDs and avoiding/blocking strikes) and starting faster has actually been Cerrone's two largest areas of improvement.
If anything in his last fight he was overly defensive (or cautious is perhaps more accurate) and didn't pull the trigger enough.

Hard to judge him too much from the Bendo fight.. it was like 2 weeks notice. And well, he won.

Pretty much this. It wasn't the best Cowboy looked lately but he still didn't look THAT bad. Just flatter than normal.

Cowboy can give anyone fits if he can get over his fear of engaging. He does best when he's able to move forward and commit to his attacks but 80% of the time he just sits back and waits to counter. This is how he got picked apart by both Diaz and Pettis.
I think he could have schooled Bendo if he was more willing to advance into and stay inside striking range.

He is evolving his style gradually.

His TDD and ground game have gotten better over the years. He's always been a good a striker.

Cowboy can give anyone fits if he can get over his fear of engaging. He does best when he's able to move forward and commit to his attacks but 80% of the time he just sits back and waits to counter. This is how he got picked apart by both Diaz and Pettis.
I think he could have schooled Bendo if he was more willing to advance into and stay inside striking range.

The thing with the Heavies is... I can't even be sure this is trolling/sarcasm.

The thing with the Heavies is... I can't even be sure this is trolling/sarcasm.

Have you watched him fight? Look at the last 15 seconds of the last Bendo fight or the last 30 seconds of the Jury fight. We never see that kind of aggression from him in the first 2 3/4 rounds.

I don't think he's made any major improvements but I think he's simply gotten better at and more confident in what he was always good at. I think Alvarez would've beaten him a few years ago but Cerrone beat him pretty soundly.

Alvarez, Bendo and Jury are all better fighters than Nate Diaz.

His streak now is way better.

They are but alvarez and jury dont push the pace,they counter and let cerrone dictate and move forward,bendo fight was short notice and ben didnt really put pressure on him and still looked more fluid and faster on the feet

Ironically I would have been more likely to say Cerrone has improved enough to hang in the title picture before the Bendo "victory".

Whatever, a win's a win, I guess.

Cerrone has certainly improved. His striking looks great, offensively. He tends to have issues when it comes to a competent boxer, however. Not enough defense on his end. Cerrone's grappling is always looking better as well.

cerrone is a fighters fighter. he will need to ramp it up to beat guys like khabib.

Back