Did Cain Watch Jones-cormier Saying "HOLY SH*T"??

Lol @ Cormier getting out classed. It was a close as fight until the gassing which means that skill wise they were even. Even then, I don't believe DC gassed, he was beaten up badly after the illegal eye gouge. That's what I would be worried about if I was a future Jones opponent. Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter has never competed at anything. Even if the fighter who got gouged doesn't say anything about it its just to not look like he's making excuses but it does make a huge difference. Chuck used that technique to end fights as well.

He was not eye gouged, post a gif. You will see that Bones didn't even get an eye poke. An eye poke is with the tips of the fingers. Bones connected with the flat part of his hand on DC's closed eye.

Cain doesn't think that way.

Fine. I overstated it. I agree. Champions don't go there as a first thought, fine.

But even you can admit that there was a tremble, no? Even a slight one? At least in his soul, a little of the ice in it turned to jell-o.

Just a little bit of it. Can we agree on this much?

Yeah, that's what Daniel was going to do too. It ain't that easy. And now he's STARTING to train in the off season? Doing strength and conditioning year round?

Won't be that easy.

#neverdoubtunbroken

Don't compare dc cardio to cains. Also dc did ok the first 2 rounds before he gassed. Third, dc face wasn't busted up at all.. beside a bloody nose after 5 rounds. The fact is bones does not have 1 ko power to stop Cain.

Not sure, but his look when the camera panned on him immediately after the final bell said it all. Looked like he had murderous thoughts swimming thru his mind.

That punch Jones through at DC who was walking away probably brought out some evil in Cain.

How dumb are you kid?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/imagination

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fantasy?s=t

Try again.

Jones is good. Cain beats guys to a pulp. Who has Cain never beaten in a lopsided manner? So the thought that Cain would beat Jones to a pulp is a lot more believable than Jones beating Cain decisively.

OK, well I'm not smart enough to go to the dictionary for my half-witted sherdog posts. If that's intelligence, you have me beat decisively.

Jones is "good"?? Now how smart are YOU?

You keep doubting #unbroken and I will keep laughing at you, contest by contest.

Fair deal?

I think however confident he'd feel, it's GOT TO BE SIGNIFICANTLY LESS confident than he would have felt about the same prospect 24 hours earlier, no?

Possibly.
Sure, they go toe to toe in training and DC certainly has his moments but how close they are to one another as actual fighters isn't known.
I'd say it's pretty obvious Velasquez is the better fighter but how big the gap is remains a mystery.
If Cain and DC were to fight 10 times and Cain wins 7 how much does Saturdays fight tell us. Very few people are privy to that information and the ones that know aren't sharing it. I don't doubt that DC pushes Cain in training and sparring but it's training and it's not the same.

Don't compare dc cardio to cains. Also dc did ok the first 2 rounds before he gassed. Third, dc face wasn't busted up at all.. beside a bloody nose after 5 rounds. The fact is bones does not have 1 ko power to stop Cain.

True, Jones can't KO Cain, at least not from anything we've seen.

But he could very possibly keep Cain off him and win the wrestling and win the clinch too.

As for what his face looks like, Jon looks like a banged up GOAT whereas Daniel looks sad.

I'd rather look like the former. But I do feel for Daniel. He's a hard guy to dislike that Daniel.

And JDS, Hunt(expert at closing the distance massive power, freakishly strong.), Miocic. I don't think Jones is a number 1 contender at HW.

JDS? Too slow. Way too slow these days. Not diverse enough. Jones would pick him apart with the greatest of ease. Just take it easy and defend for 1 round and his soul is yours for 4.

Hunt? Well he can close distance, so he has a puncher's chance. But Jones is masterful at not taking hits full on, so I'd have to see it. Yes, he must be stronger than Jones, at least I'd expect that. But Jones is too diverse and unpredictable. I'd have Jones.

Miocic - not impossible but again, Jones is too diverse. I think the unpredictability and varied attacking would confound him in his newness, but I could be wrong. Either way, Jones would win.

But I agree that they should all be ranked above him at HW. I'm just saying how I, in my refusal to ever doubt him again, would like/expect things to play out if he fought these guys.

True, Jones can't KO Cain, at least not from anything we've seen.

But he could very possibly keep Cain off him and win the wrestling and win the clinch too.

As for what his face looks like, Jon looks like a banged up GOAT whereas Daniel looks sad.

I'd rather look like the former. But I do feel for Daniel. He's a hard guy to dislike that Daniel.

He's easy to dislike, he made this personal. Watch this interview with Ken-Flo where DC says he wants to beat Jones, beat him again in a rematch, make him question his entire career, make him move weight classes, and rid MMA of Jon Jones by making him quit. DC is a complete dickhead. He didn't just want to win a championship. He wanted to take Jones career from him.

This was not a normal fight, it was a personal vendetta that Cormier was trying to execute against Bones.

I think he was more thinking in the lines of Cormier isnt on his game and isnt pressuring jones enough.

He's easy to dislike, he made this personal. Watch this interview with Ken-Flo where DC says he wants to beat Jones, beat him again in a rematch, make him question his entire career, make him move weight classes, and rid MMA of Jon Jones by making him quit. DC is a complete dickhead. He didn't just want to win a championship. He wanted to take Jones career from him.

This was not a normal fight, it was a personal vendetta that Cormier was trying to execute against Bones.

DC was the worst contender I've seen.
They call Jones fake lol.
This guy created a fake feud, fake fight, hype.
worst thing is he convinced himself of it being real.

Toco.

Prepare to bathe in tears homeboy. You're hanging your hat on a peg that's on its last screw.

I can't wait for that fight now. Viking will have to sit down and praise Jon. Probably try to go train with him after to get better.

haha, ok

lets wait and see then

Not sure, but his look when the camera panned on him immediately after the final bell said it all. Looked like he had murderous thoughts swimming thru his mind.

im sure he did its hard seeing friend lose a fight, hell look at cerrone that guy is known for chasing down guys that win against his friends and partners

Think about it. You're Cain velasquez. Baddest man on the planet in everyone's eyes. DC is second baddest, your biggest test. The guy who pushes you the most. You and he are widely considered the two toughest mofo's on the planet called Earth, especially in terms of pace and grind.

Then you watch your training partner, who gives you the toughest run for your money, who sometimes gets the upper hand on you..... you watch him get comfortably outclassed, out-grinded, outworked, out-wrestled, out-struck, and most importantly (to Daniel), out-thought ("I can't say enough about his mentality") by a guy who's gone on record as saying he thinks he can beat you as well.

If you're Cain in this hypothetical situation, is there not at least a bit of "HOLY FUCKING SHIT, this guy's outworking and out-grinding DANIEL!!!" going through your head? Is not your confidence that you can beat him not shook? Daniel's your toughest opponent but he's just another head to take for this guy who's lighter than you.

Was Cain watching this contest and thining "HOLY SHIT!" like I think he was? Nobody at AKA though Jon could outwork Daniel.

i think most people were kind of shocked with how good jones looked, so i don't see why cain wouldn't be too.

Jones showed he has the strength to hang with the big boys.

DC man handled everyone in the HW division and he couldn't do that to Jones.

Back