Did Cain Valasquez career cost DC the chance to be greatest undefeated HW GOAT of all time?

In a sport that's 20 years old though wouldn't it make sense GOAT is always changing? MMA is also a bunch of different sports that's the beauty of divisions, so you've got more GOAT's than say baseball. The individual GOAT convos tend to be a lot less heated. Generally defending your belt over 5x or winning 10 or more UFC fights in a row makes you the GOAT in the eyes of a huge portion of the MMA community. Jones, AS, GSP, MM are seen by most as division GOATS. FW has 2 guys with a great case and HW, LW and BW have had no one dominate in the US the belts have been rotating for a while. Think with more time these arguments will be solved. Most other sports have an answer most fans agree with or agreed with.

I think he's the MW GOAT and don't understand why that argument is a joke. The argument he's not because he lost to superior guys who prime AS never had to face doesn't make sense to me. His title run was impressive and he finished a guy whose fighting for the title now. He beat two former LHW champions on Jones's hit list too.
Weidman has been more impressive than a lot of people give him credit for. He KO Silva in only his 10th fight (!). He started fighting in the UFC in his 4th fight, and one of his wins prior was against a guy who eventually fought in the UFC. For sure, it's impressive.

For me though, Silva showed dominance for a long time. If it weren't for the fact that he popped a couple of times, and that he said before that that if you pop for PEDs you've been taking them for a long time, I'd certainly have to say he's the guy. The PEDs thing makes it shaky. So, I guess it depends on whether people discount him for testing positive or not. If you do, I can't think of anyone else who has an overwhelming claim to the title of best MW ever. Weidman sounds like as good a fighter as any. I think most people probably discount him from the conversation bc of his recent losses, and not holding the belt for very long, relative to most fighters in GOAT conversations. But he did some crazy things as a virtual MMA baby, and he beat Silva back to back, and people can say it was a fluke all they want, but I look at the second win as legit, personally, and I'm not even a huge fan of the guy. So I guess, if one were to disqualify Silva, Weidman has as good a case as one could have.

How do you feel about LHW?

Yes. I wouldn't pick any HW to beat Cormier, he beats them all in my opinion.

Well he has beaten everyone he ever fought at HW.

He would whoop Overeem, too inconsistent.
Wrestlefucks Ngannou
Lesnar? Actually more interesting as they could be competetive but Lesnar cant take a punch well.
Carwin and prime JDS wouldve been a big challenge for Cormier

Bones gets his bones broke at HW. Still dangerous but not an enigma like he is at lhw.

DC has a thin resume at heavyweight. Had he ran the gauntlet, he would have taken losses.

No. He would have still fought John at 205 or HW. Those two would have been matched up either way.

Yes, but at least his deference spared him the agony of competing in his natural weight class at the expense of a guy who is 2-2 in the last five and a half years

Win-win, IMO

Absolutely not. DC knew that he didn't have a chance against the top HW contenders because of the size. He would not beat bums like he formely did, then he decided to go down without his accustomed barrell body and face more size suitable opponents. Even nowadays he preferred to fight Black Beast instead of Ngannou and cia, and doing that we can prove that his intentions was never fight real good HWs.

And before I forget: WAR OPPONENTS!!

Back