Did Cain plan this from the start?

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He pulls out every time he has a fight so he didn't want to do it again, so he kept saying that he's injured but he's still willing to fight so eventually they pulled him.

I don't think it's some master plan or anything. But if he was truly hungry to fight, he clearly wouldn't have said all that

Yeah it was a cry for help and NSAC listened

Nah, Cain is a fighter. I just wish he was smarter about training.

Tinfoil hat time. Could the union affiliation have anything to do with this?

I think both Cain and the commission were in a bad spot. Had Cain fought and been permanently injured, while keeping silent, everyone would have been unsympathetic and told him he should have pulled out or revealed how hurt he was before hand. The commission obviously were made aware of his injuries due to the interview and would have been raked over the coals if they allowed the fight and Cain was permanently injured. Allowing the fight to go ahead has too much risks and I think Cain and aka figured this was the best exit route.

Does anyone really want to see Cain fight for 2 minutes and get seriously hurt in the process.

he's ducking werdum. kinda like the guy who tells his girlfriend to hold him back when he acts like he's about it when in his head , he knows he ain't gonna do shit.

Cain has pulled out ?! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

When did this happen ?

Losing to Werdum once can be considered a fluke, losing 0-2 he'd have no excuses. I believe he initially wanted to fight, but eventually realized he'd get cucked again and wanted out, maybe not consciously but subconsciously (which led to reckless training and not taking care of his body).

What did I miss? Did Cain pull out from UFC 207?

I think both Cain and the commission were in a bad spot. Had Cain fought and been permanently injured, while keeping silent, everyone would have been unsympathetic and told him he should have pulled out or revealed how hurt he was before hand. The commission obviously were made aware of his injuries due to the interview and would have been raked over the coals if they allowed the fight and Cain was permanently injured. Allowing the fight to go ahead has too much risks and I think Cain and aka figured this was the best exit route.

Does anyone really want to see Cain fight for 2 minutes and get seriously hurt in the process.
Good posting. Hope this doesn't spell the end for Cain.

It's a plot. Cain is retiring and wants Werdum' s spot at Fox latin america. He got beaten up to a pulp standing and choked brutally. Now Cain seeks revenge on Werdum leaving him without a fight and without a commentator job.

Looks like he really didn't want to pull out of this fight, as he lost his belt to this guy, and he pulled out of so many fights before.
But he's just so damn injury prone.

he has a neck surgery planned. last time they fought, Werdum did we all know what to his neck.
of course he planned it - his neck was literally on the line.

Back